• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Pedaltrains with more than one pedal power?

joemail75

I'm running out of plugs from my pedalpower on my pt2. What are you guys doing to power more than 8? Is there way to mount 2 pedal powers with the pt3?

JSteed

Without knowing what pedals you're talking about, you could always daisy chain some of the same tap? Not the best for digital pedals, but works fine for analog ones, esp. drives.

earwax

I have two power supplies on the bottom of my pt-2. I made a metal bracket and used some dual lock Velcro. Works okay

joemail75

Pedals run the gamut: drives, analog, digital, etc. I guess I'm most curious to see others using two separate powering units

JeffR

My PT-3 has two PP2+'s and a ISO5 mounted under it. The PP2+'s are mounted far left & right, and the ISO5 is in the center. The mounting rails of the ISO5 overlap the inner rails of the PP2+'s. It all just fits.

Joe Porto

On the PT2, obviously if you want to mount another PPII, you'll need to cut a couple holes for the AC power plugs. I use two PPII under my PTPro, but that is more accommodating to multiple PPIIs. They sell extra brackets.

But on my PT2, I am powering 12 pedals off of a single PPII using splitters and a couple GigRig Virtual Batteries, which are inline DC isolation transformers. You may or may not need to use isolation transformers, depending on the pedals you are running from a single PPII output.

JeffR

I answered above but just realized you mentioned both the PT2 and PT3 in the original post, (not sure which your asking about). My answer applies to the PT3, it would be more difficult to do and PT2 as JP describes above.

Joe Porto

I answered above but just realized you mentioned both the PT2 and PT3 in the original post, (not sure which your asking about). My answer applies to the PT3, it would be more difficult to do and PT2 as JP describes above.
Also, keep in mind that the PPII brackets for the PT2 are different from those in the PT3 and PT Pro (which are the ones in the extra bracket kit that they sell).

Enough complications that I went with a single supply with splitters and isolation trannies for the PPII.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom