PedalWorx McFuzz

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by drmathprog, Nov 7, 2005.

1. drmathprog

drmathprog Member

The review in the review ssection is very favourable. Can anybody using one in a Strat => Fender SF rig comment on how they like it?

2. exodus

exodus Member

It is one of my favorite pedals, but I don't think it would sound its best into a really clean amp. If you can get it to the edge of breakup, you'd be ok.

3. nlopez

nlopez Silver Supporting Member Supporting Member

Got mine 2 weeks ago. I love it. I have played it on a Marshall JTM 30 at moderate volumes and it sounds pretty good- much fatter and more gain than my previous 69 pedal. I have cranked it through a Fender Champ and oh my goodness, what sweet tones! I am sure that you read the McFuzz is one of the better fuzzes for non Marshall amps. My experience with the champ, (even though it's a champ, it's still a Fender.) concurs.
    Nick

4. PinkStrat

PinkStrat Member

I have gotten incredible tones with the McFuzz & any one of my 3 Strats going into a clean amp. The first thing we heard outta the thing was that cool "Born to be Wild" tone...The McFuzz nailed it to a tee!:dude

5. Don Rusk

Don Rusk Biggus Bearfootus Vendor

Ditto~~~ Strat > mcFuzz> sf Drev = yummmmmm

6. poipounder57

poipounder57 Member

+1

I played through the same set up the other night...Yummmmy tones:dude
    I just order my Mcfuzz...would you like to super size that order?:D

7. PinkStrat

PinkStrat Member

Great choice indeed ...one of the finest fuzzes available nowadays. I just love mine to death. This is a very stable device and sounds incredible too! Rock on....and ENJOY your McFuzz :)

8. turtleheadblues

turtleheadblues Senior Member

Killer fuzz and I generally dont have a use for one. It does a very cool overdrive also. Its not into the Big Muff territory that I really dont care for. I consider it a "players" fuzz.

Killer pedal

9. 908SSP

908SSP Supporting Member

Has anybody put a 9v external power supply jack in their McFuzz?

10. mcfuzz

mcfuzz Guest

hey 908ssp, all of the mcfuzz now come with a dc jack. normal neg polarity like boss ibanez, ect ect. adding a jack to an older one isnt a problem. b

11. nlopez

nlopez Silver Supporting Member Supporting Member

The biggest problem I am having with my new McFuzz is that it's making me also want a Mcfuzz hot! ;)

Charmless likes this.
  12. eric-d

eric-d Member

Ehhh... a friend of mine brought one over and A/B'd it against my Analog.Man Sun Face, and I felt it just couldn't hang. The Sun Face blew the Mc Fuzz out of the water in my opinion!!! The Mc Fuzz didn't have enough gain for the type of fuzz I like and it's too bright, even with the "tone" rolled all the way down. It has a hell of a volume boost though!!!

13. mcfuzz

mcfuzz Guest

hey DT. you or your friend can always send it back for a check up, and a gain & tone bump. do you havew the serial Number? also it could have been tampered with. who knows. mods are free of charge .

14. eric-d

eric-d Member

Oh no... He loves it!!!! I just didn't care for it that much....