Penfar FX

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Jkeys7, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Jkeys7

Jkeys7 Member

I don't see much about this guy on here.

I was doing a search for a nice Tremolo pedal the other day. I was pretty much settled on the Malekko (although they seem to be out of stock everywhere), and came across his (Chad is his name) "Crimson Clover" Trem. I have to say, from the video demo I saw (from JetyCityMusic), it's just the flavor I'm looking for! It can do a wide range of trem sounds, and has an added volume knob for some boost. It's also a great looking pedal with a lot of character (would look great on my board), and with a "too good to be true?" pricetag for a hand-wired, true-bypass "boutique" product ($130).

Anyone have any info about this guy and his stuff? I'm really tempted to buy this thing and give it a shot.

2. Hulakatt

Hulakatt Supporting Member

I have one and it's a well built unit, inside and out. Sounds pretty good too. I got mine used from someone on here but Chad was pretty friendly answering my questions and whatnot.

3. jguitarnash

jguitarnash Member

I've bought the Fat Foot and Rooster Fist (discontinued I believe) from Chad and also had him do some custom work for me. I've always been blown away by his helpfulness and promptness. I didn't like the Rooster Fist when I first received it and he had me send it back and changed the tone pot all free of charge. I love that pedal now too. You seriously can buy with confidence. He's a good guy and will treat you right.

4. Jkeys7

Jkeys7 Member

Thanks for the input!

I succumed to the GAS last night and ordered the Crimson Clover. I feel a little better about that impulsive decision now. ;) Looking forwarde to giving it a go!