Penny Pedals Fingerprint appreciation!! Gorgeous!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by NewarkWilder, Aug 15, 2008.

1. NewarkWilder

NewarkWilder Member

Woohoo! my new Fingerprint got here yesterday and it is hands down one of the coolest pedals i own. As if the fact that they are all hand-painted by the wonderfully talented Laura Bennett weren't enough (and tuned to her impeccable ear, I would add), they've now added a boost switch. According to Matt I got one of the first with the extra switch which is a really nice feature. This is a sound I've been chasing for a while... lush, rich dynamic fuzz that can be as smooth or splattery as you'd like... just extremely versatile and a sound to it that I know is going to be a hallmark of my playing for years to come. Seriously.

Here it is--how can you not smile looking down at this thing? Now I just gotta get those feet off and gingerly place some velcro around the artwork, hehe.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. KazJY

KazJY Member

Very freakin' cool! I researched Penny Pedals before, but haven't heard a review yet - thanks for the post.

Laura does great with the painting - fo' sho'!

3. TweedBassman

TweedBassman Member

thanks for the good words man!

if you want an extra blank bottom plate, let me know. i think i have one or two extra.

4. NewarkWilder

NewarkWilder Member

Well the sound clips on the PP site are pretty good I think but I'll add a couple more thoughts--the easy way to describe it would be smashing pumpins-esque fuzz but its much more than that... very dynamic, even clean tones w/ light picking at relatively high gain... the texture knob is *very* useful and really does change the whole character of the pedal in many different ways... dimed it gets into what they call "octave down/ring mod/robot noises" territory which I basically wrote off as something I'd never use but its the most usable "wierd" setting on a pedal like this i've ever found. really unique quality to it there. I can't even really begin to describe how it sounds but its interesting and still musical if used properly.

My FAVORITE thing about it though is the fact that there is something about the character of the fuzz that lends very, very well to lead solos--its the "prettiest" fuzz sound I've ever heard. Very smooth and sweet.

Love it! :drool

5. macmax77

macmax77 Supporting Member

Please heads up when you sell next month! :D

6. NewarkWilder

NewarkWilder Member

there are few pedals i can give ya a flat out garauntee on that i'd never sell

this is one of them. :Devil