Pentagram guitar picks - Morgan Picks

Discussion in 'Builder's & Retailer's Forum' started by Morgan79, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Morgan79

Morgan79 Member

Hi, just want to show the new picks I've made, I don't think I have seen anything like that anywhere else. I'm quite sure I need to make more in the same style as these. It seems like something a lot of heavy metal guys have been wanting for a while!

See more at www.morgan-picks.com
    [​IMG]

TVvoodoo and PlexiFuzz like this.
  2. musicman10_1

musicman10_1 Supporting Member

Looks like you have some interesting picks. What are the prices in dollars? Is there any issue ordering from the US? Got any coupon codes for your new Gear Page buddies?

3. Morgan79

Morgan79 Member

Hi, thank you. The prices are in euros, as PayPal converts into any local currency. Right now 12 euros is 14,13 USD. There is no problems ordering from US. I don't have any coupon codes, we have not used that yet.

I have made picks since december 2016, and my brother is taking care of website and orders. We are still looking to improve every aspect, and we will be making codes when we get time to look at it. We have full time jobs and familys, so we need to prioritize. But it's nice!

I'll talk about codes with my brother..

4. DanSimon

DanSimon Member

Those are cool ! i think if you came up with a couple other non-pentagram styles u could sell more. I like the pentagram tho : )

possibly peace symbol. anarchy, cross, jewish star, regular star (all envisioned in the open center). I looked at yr page tho, they look like good picks,

similar to the snarling dogs picks i use. Maybe i'll order some next month.

5. Morgan79

Morgan79 Member

Thanks a lot, that's really nice ideas indeed!! A peace pick could be cool, especially if I made it flexible to be good on accustic. Anarchy would be cool too. I don't think it's good to make religious symbols like jewish star and the likes, as I belive it's for jewish people to use. The pentagram is great for the music, for which the picks are mainly intended, so would anarchy be. And a peace would also fit very well.

I really appriciate your ideas. Please send your full address to marc@morgan-picks.com I think it deserves a test package!

DanSimon likes this.
  6. musicman10_1

I put an order on for one of your sample packs. I look forward to giving them a try -

7. Morgan79

Morgan79 Member

Thanks a lot, please let me have feedback, when you have tried them out.

8. TVvoodoo

TVvoodoo Mad Strappier Vendor

I believe a lot of P&W folks might like a holy pick, a suggestion.
    no religious symbols yet these seem to feature inverted crosses isn't that technically a religious symbol?
    Illuminati anyone?

[​IMG]

Cool idea - wishing you lots of success!

DanSimon likes this.
  9. chumbucket

chumbucket Supporting Member

You should try to hook up with Victor Griffin for an endorsement deal.

Morgan79 likes this.
  10. Morgan79

Morgan79 Member

Thanks!

Well, true :D Lets rephrase, I dont want to promote religions. The pentagram and inverted crosses are naturally based in a lot of metal, and as that’s my main target and a band I make picks for requested it, I went for it. And will probably use it again.

I don’t want to exclude something just as principle, it will be based on what I think is ok. And as atheist in a christian country, I feel it’s ok with pentagram and crosses.

I believe in freedom of expression, and I believe it comes with responsebility. And I don’t think I will go further with symbols, I repect people can believe in what they want as long as they are being kind.

I think I will make peace picks and maybe anarchy picks. And more pentagram and crosses for the metal guys. But in general I’m too old to feel a need to provoke. I just want to make something people like and that is not unnessesary offending.

Maybe enough rambling for today, it’s been a rough week sleep and work vise o_O Family, fulltime job and then the picks. I need more hours!

DanSimon and TVvoodoo like this.
  11. TVvoodoo

TVvoodoo Mad Strappier Vendor

you could get into celtic designs etc. maybe someone else may deem them religious.
    Of course a swastika is an age-old symbol of good luck if you ask the right people, and not religious at all. LOL!

DanSimon likes this.
  12. DanSimon

DanSimon Member

thanks man, i definitely will ! + yeah i envisioned the religious symbols as being used by religious players : ). Not me but there are a lot of them, + having a cross or Jewish

pick doesnt seem sacreligious to me. But i hear you, no need to bring controversy ( well, maybe its good 4 business lol)

13. Dylan6249

Dylan6249 Member

What thickness do these come in?

14. musicman10_1

My picks arrived today. I'll give them some time over the weekend and report back. They look good and the shipping was fast.

Morgan79 likes this.
  15. Brian Johnston

Brian Johnston Member

16. Morgan79

Morgan79 Member

The BAEST picks are in one thickness only. 1,3 at the thickest, 1 at the crosses and 0,7 at the pentagram.

17. musicman10_1

I've played with the picks in the sample pack that I bought for several days now. There is not much visible wear on any of the picks so far. They seem like they will hold up quite well. They are all very hard picks, with sharp, pointed edges. They have textured surfaces for grip and control. I live in a very dry climate and with the hard surface and dry feel the picks took a bit of effort to hold on to. If my hands got just a little sweaty the grip was actually enhanced - kind of weird, I know, but I basically live in an oven (dry heat of the desert).

My favorite pick is the Binzer model. The size is good, thickness is right and gripping surface is large. The pick is stiff and so there is a fast attack at the strings and the pointed tip was contoured so that I was accurate with my picking and I could also get a little skin on the string when I wanted it and that made for a familiar feel. The Baest pick is extremely pointed and narrow for much of the gripping area and so it was not as easy for me to get comfortable. It looks awesome, though!

Pretty cool stuff! I enjoy trying innovative picks and these certainly fit the bill. Price was fair, shipping was fast, and the whole set of 6 will make a nice addition to my pick collection -

DanSimon likes this.
  18. DanSimon

DanSimon Member

Hey thank you i received the picks ! i got them just now but the Baest is closest to what i normally use. Im curious to try the others tho.

I appreciate it ! i'll probably order some Baests if they work 4 me . : )

Morgan79 likes this.