People don't eat the same thing every night for dinner, so why...

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by phoenix 7, Jun 16, 2019.

Do you eat the same thing for breakfast most mornings?

1. Yes.

2. No, I eat many different things for breakfast and don't often have the same thing 2 days in a row.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. shane8

shane8 Member

you need a new butler & cook

2. massacre

massacre Silver Supporting Member

Sausage is usually pork which is white meat, not red.
    But sausage is not the healthiest thing and I get what you are saying

3. Exiled_On_Main_St

Exiled_On_Main_St Member

I meant to say pork!!!

Daily consumption has huge links to bowel cancer. I try to avoid eating it now. My family are German and the German breakfast is often filled with pork cold cuts. So so nice, but very bad for me!

phoenix 7, Tommy Biggs and massacre like this.
  4. Naigewron

Naigewron Member

Because I get up at 5 AM and the last thing I want to do is think, or spend a lot of time cooking breakfast. So I throw a slice of bread in the toaster, spread some cream cheese on it, get a cup of coffee from the machine and stuff it in my face. Then I grab an apple on my way out the door and eat that in the car.

The process is completely automated at this point, so I can do it while half-asleep.

phoenix 7 likes this.
  5. uberdave

uberdave Supporting Member

Brew up some strong coffee and make my own acai bowl. Taste great and sustainable energy.

6. Sidney Vicious

Sidney Vicious Member

“The hair of the dog”

If not that, a bowl of cereal with whole milk and 2 mugs of coffee - six days a week. A pastry from the neighborhood Boulangerie on Saturday or Sunday.

7. HomeInMyShoes

HomeInMyShoes Member

Creature of habit. Don't want to jynx my day.

shane8 likes this.
  8. stimpson

stimpson Member

i forgot my yogurt today so i ate munchkins

Tommy Biggs likes this.
  9. Stike

Stike Member

That's from Dr Kellogg, I don't subscribe to any of his philosophies.

Pork is red meat. "The other white meat" was a marketing slogan by the National Pork Council in response to fat phobia of the 70s/80s resulting in the fast growing factory farmed pigs and resulting lean, flavorless pork at most groceries.

10. Tommy Biggs

Tommy Biggs Member

I'm in the "it should fuel you, and it should be an easy, no decision, quick meal"
    Bran cereal with skim milk and Blueberries or Strawberries, with some sliced banana (when it's on sale). Some protein would be good, but old habits die hard.

I'll eat yogurt or oatmeal, I'm happy with a jersey egg sandwich, or cold pizza if given the chance.

11. stratjim

stratjim Member

And why does my 7 year old golden doodle still get so excited by her breakfast/dinner when it's the same kibble she's eaten her whole life?

12. phoenix 7

phoenix 7 Member

Uh...nobody?

[​IMG]

Actually, I do. It's all about setting priorities, and I consider a good breakfast a priority. I function better throughout the day and I find it healthier to consumer those calories early in the day.

13. Boris Bubbanov

Boris Bubbanov Member

Thank you.

Pork is now taken from some mighty "mild" pigs. If you go to the wild, you find hogs with very dark red meat. Genetically, that's where pigs used to be. We've just bred a lot of the color out and we feed hogs a whole lot of mild nothing these days - they don't eat mostly acorns, insects and really anything they can find, anymore.

Stike likes this.
  14. T92780

T92780 Silver Supporting Member

Variety at breakfast is primarily dictated on lack of time, and or, time allocation before work for many. Dinner provides more time/vatiety.

My other half makes me a cup of decaf and choice of below each morning. If she's strapped for time, I grab a decaf and egg white sandwich at Starbucks across the street.

Salmon, low-fat cream cheese and onion on a slice of sourdough bread.

Avocado toast on sourdough.

Egg and cheese on English muffin.

Almond Butter on English muffin.

Plain yogurt with fresh berries and almonds.

15. sausagefingers

sausagefingers Supporting Member

HIYO!

el capitan and shane8 like this.
  16. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Member

I had breakfast for dinner tonight. Some breakfast (deer) sausages with scrambled eggs, hash browns and toast. Now I’m going to bed. So it’s like breakfast only backwards. Maybe I’ll wake up in 6 hours and have a porterhouse.

phoenix 7 likes this.
  17. kbraker51

kbraker51 Member

i think most people don’t care and just want to get on with thier day. also, people have all day to think about dinner

18. davess23

davess23 Member

I'm nowhere nearly awake enough at breakfast to give a damn about what I'm eating, as long as there's plenty of dark roast coffee. I usually eat the same thing just because it's easy and convenient. Giving breakfast more thought for variety's sake would be a useless expenditure of effort.

19. phoenix 7

phoenix 7 Member

I'm hoping that turkey sausage is significantly less unhealthy than pork, because that's what I eat.

Steak and eggs is a thing.

A good thing. :love:

ChorusCrackpot and Floyd Eye like this.
  20. ChorusCrackpot

ChorusCrackpot Member

I'm not that keen on breakfast, so I tend to make it a routine by eating the same thing for a while. Usually weet-bix with black tea poured over it, then cinnamon and honey.
    Or rolled oats with different fruit muesli, also with black tea poured over it. I'll watch exotic food shows like Iron Chef or old episodes of Floyd en France to liven up the experience.

I do love a good cooked breakfast like bacon and eggs, or soft-boiled eggs with 'soldiers' of strips of toast to dip into it. And I especially love pancakes with honey for breakfast. But they're more for brunch on a Sunday to entertain family and/or friends.