• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

People with Soul Food backorders at Guitar Center

EwingChi

FYI, it looks like everyone currently on backorder isn't getting a pedal until April 11, at the earliest. Not even if you ordered it way back when. Check the e-mail exchange below. Sorry if this is old news.

ME
Hey there, just wondering about the status of my EHX Soul Food backorder.
> When I ordered it said it would be available 2/12 or 2/13 (can't remember).
> Now it looks like they are listed as availabe 2/26. Did I get one of the
> last 2/12 orders? Or do I have to wait until 2/26....

GC
Thank you for your recent inquiry. Unfortunately all the backorders were
> not filled on those dates. You are correct, the next date we have scheduled
> to receive that pedal to our warehouse is the 26th of February.
>
> We appreciate you choosing GuitarCenter.com. If you should have any
> questions, concerns or you're not 100% satisfied, please feel free to reach
> out to your Guitar Center sales representative or your preferred Guitar
> Center retail location.
>
> We can't thank you enough for choosing Guitar Center!
>
> Sincerely,
>
> - Guitar Center Customer Service
>

ME
Hi, just checking up on this. The date listed online is now 4/11, so I'm
just making sure that I'm getting one of the ones today (2/26) and NOT what
is listed on the website (4/11)! Thanks.

GC
I apologize for the delay and regret to inform you that Electro-Harmonix has yet again pushed that shipment back on us again and is now the 4/11 date shown on the website. I understand this is not favorable information and we would be glad to try and help you find another pedal that is comparible to this Soul Food. If this is something you are interested in feel free to give us a call at the number listed below and we can find you another pedal that is in stock. Again I am sorry for the extension on the delay. We appreciate you choosing GuitarCenter.com. If you should have any questions, concerns or you're not 100% satisfied, please feel free to reach out to your Guitar Center sales representative or your preferred Guitar Center retail location.

We can’t thank you enough for choosing Guitar Center!

Sincerely,

- Guitar Center Customer Service

axdxm

Silver Supporting Member
I'd just cancel. They come up on ebay and the Emporium often. 4/11? No way.

eurotrashed

I went into a Sam Ash yesterday or Monday and asked if they were getting any in. They said they had four so far and they sold the day of. I got a call last night that they got ONE in and they set it aside for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ishootcanon

Yes is legit. JHS made an announcement on fb confirming that they are still waiting on their shipment of soul foods.

Xian Steffen

Did you try Elderly? I got one from them very quickly about a month ago. I know there are other retailers carrying them. Analogman for one. I'd just look around and try to find one quicker then flip the one you get from GC when/if it ever arrives.

Did anyone think a few months ago that Soul Foods would be fetching hundreds of dollars on Ebay? Is that where we're headed? Soul Food may be the new Klon in more ways than one. :)

zsno

I walked into Sam Ash yesterday to pick up a nano big muff, and there was a Soul Food sitting next to it.

Guy said it had only come in that morning, and that it came completely by itself. I snatched it up as well.

Delayed Delay

Not sure if you're joking about that but there are plenty of higher quality clones that should keep the SF prices in check.
Supply and demand.

If people want it bad enough, or if it reaches legendary status, it will fetch stupid prices.

Some people will argue it's the closest thing to a real Klon - that it's better than all the klones out there, and word will spread about it... Just saying. It could definitely happen.

Squigglefunk

According to TGP rules that only makes it exponentially better for every day of waiting...

so look at it like you're getting boutique quality turn around at a fraction of the price

mj07

Silver Supporting Member
"We can’t thank you enough for choosing Guitar Center!" LOL....

moemoe6434

Guys, there are much better options for over $125 if it reaches that point. Grab a mythical overdrive for example. Better IMO, hand wired, and great customer service.

geek-mo

Silver Supporting Member
I ordered mine from GC in January and was immediately on backorder. As soon as I found one on eBay, I cancelled the GC order. I'm glad I did!

Trending Topics