Peppermint Fuzz Dark (REVIEW!!!!!)

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Static111, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Static111

Static111 Member

Ok so the deal is this.....the pedal came today! And....I am freaked out by how awesome this is. I have never owned a fuzz before, and I don't know how I went this long without one. This sucker does riffs, open chords, power chords, bar chords, lead you name it. Everything gets fattened up in a big smooth way. Perfect for those of us who like to play greasy dirty muddy sloppy rock. Woo Hoo! Of course I am still having fun with it, but it can cover everything from 'My Head's in Mississippi' to 'hey hey, my my'....I'm sure playing with this gizzy will never get old.... Can't really compare this to the regular peppermint fuzz except to say that I really like the color of the box for the dark a heck of a lot better. All in all I am satisfied as hell!!!!!

2. wingwalker

wingwalker Fuzzy Guitars

Very cool! You picked a hell of a fuzz for your first one!

I have lots of fuzz boxes but my 2 NKT275 Sunface pedals from AM are top of the pop for me however, the more and more I sit and think on it I think I want a peppermint but I can't decide between bright or dark...

3. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

I had the normal P.fuzz and really dug it. Would love to try the dark. Great review and even greater first fuzz. My first fuzz was a big muff :)

4. analogmike

analogmike Gold Supporting Member Vendor

Glad you like it!

The trumpet sound is not easy to get, and you have to hit the strings just right. And play like a trumpet player!

have fun!

5. wingwalker

wingwalker Fuzzy Guitars

Mike...let me ask you a question. Which of the peppermint fuzzes would be best, in your opinion to cop the old Maestro/Keef/Satisfaction tone??? Im guessing, based on clips the dark version but what do you think?

6. smogfalls

smogfalls Member

sounds great, good review buddy. I really wanna get a hold of one of these Dark Peppermint Fuzz's. I also can't wait for the new Analogman delay, even if it is months away!

7. Windup 43

Windup 43 Supporting Member

I can get this sound w/ my regular Pep. Fuzz :D Congrats on the Dark, I'd like to try one- love the regular version to death!

8. airwarrior

airwarrior Member

9. Static111

Static111 Member

Busy weekend, but I will try to make some clips....just keep in mind that I am only a so so player once I post.

10. thesjkexperienc

thesjkexperienc ^^^ I made this guitar^^^ Supporting Member

Sounds great! Congratulations on your first fuzz! Or should I say "welcome to the dark side". I was going to get a regular Peppermint and I delayed only to find the dark one now available. So so tempting!

11. steinwand

steinwand Member

congrats ... I love my regular Pep, but I am tempted by the dark one ...