Pete Thorn facts...

eicca

If I could contribute something genuinely positive here, Pete's "Sunday Live" videos have been a literal lifesaver over these past few months. COVID left me with a debilitating mental breakdown. Panic attacks, anxiety, depression, still hasn't let up, and listening to those "Sunday Live" videos has gotten me through many rough days or lonely drives.

Pete strikes me as a genuinely great guy, and a phenomenal talent to boot. Definitely top on my Would-Hang-Out-With list.

@sinasl1

I just want to know where's the candles so I can light one, and leave an offering at the altar.

Pete is more like MacGyver than Chuck Norris.
He has a rig solution for every brand...I mean every need. ;)

I like Pete and his videos...he seems like really good guy, besides being a great player.
It's great being MacGyver than a Chuck Norris.
Pete Thorn is a lucky guy, unlike us who have to do 9 to 5 to make a living, not having to deal with a stressful and or toxic work places or an " A " hole Boss.

If you can make any gear sound good, is a sign of knowing your gear, thats a sign of being a great audiophile .

I don't worship him, but I respect his opinion because he has good insight .

Face it , he isn't a Stevie T and I sense some hostility and jealousy towards Pete Thorn.

Strange, how back in the day, Guitar Heroes were people who slugged it out on stage, now it's guys on YouTube....

sinasl1

If I could contribute something genuinely positive here, Pete's "Sunday Live" videos have been a literal lifesaver over these past few months. COVID left me with a debilitating mental breakdown. Panic attacks, anxiety, depression, still hasn't let up, and listening to those "Sunday Live" videos has gotten me through many rough days or lonely drives.

Pete strikes me as a genuinely great guy, and a phenomenal talent to boot. Definitely top on my Would-Hang-Out-With list.

@sinasl1
Aw man that means a lot. I really enjoy doing the live streams and I get a lot out of it to, I find it therapeutic for sure. Look forward to it every week!

Miroslav L

...I sense some hostility and jealousy towards Pete Thorn.

Well...not from me. I like Pete Thorn, and watch a lot of his videos.
I ended up with an AmbiKab Jr. after watching him demo it...DAMN YOU PETE!, more gear. ;)

I think most of the people here are just doing some friendly BBing...there's no real hostility from the majority. That's how real TGP'rs show their love. :D

Mooselake

If I could contribute something genuinely positive here, Pete's "Sunday Live" videos have been a literal lifesaver over these past few months. ...

@sinasl1
I don't religiously tune in to the Sunday Live series, but happened to both the week EVH passed and the week Neil Peart passed and it was very cathartic to tune into those very genuine and respectful remembrances. Other times it's just a wealth of information. Love his demo videos too and they've taught me something important as an old wannabe guitar player--that it's not the gear that's the "problem" for me, haha. Dunno why people diss 'em, but Pete and guys like Tim Pierce and Rick Beato share a lot of useful stuff and sink a lot of time and effort into what they do for us. I'm glad it helps them keep the lights on and fridge full. To me his (PT's) greatest contribution was working with JS on the PT-15 IR, the first real tube amp that checked all the boxes to fit into my constraints. Right now Pete is my third favorite living Canadian-born musician, trailing only Lerxst and Geddy. Hopefully that qualifies me for an official FanBoi card. ;)

It's great being MacGyver than a Chuck Norris.
Pete Thorn is a lucky guy, unlike us who have to do 9 to 5 to make a living, not having to deal with a stressful and or toxic work places or an " A " hole Boss.

If you can make any gear sound good, is a sign of knowing your gear, thats a sign of being a great audiophile .

I don't worship him, but I respect his opinion because he has good insight .

Face it , he isn't a Stevie T and I sense some hostility and jealousy towards Pete Thorn.

Strange, how back in the day, Guitar Heroes were people who slugged it out on stage, now it's guys on YouTube....
"Strange, how back in the day, Guitar Heroes were people who slugged it out on stage, now it's guys on YouTube...."

You realize he has "slugged it out on stage" with quite a few top-tier acts as the touring guitarist, right?

PatrickE_FenderADV

Silver Supporting Member
I have always respected PT’s resume as well as his insight as an actual real pro sideman. When I joined here 14+ years ago I was clueless on a lot of things guitar/band related… many of Pete’s posts and vids have helped me over the years.

I know much of this thread was tongue-in-cheek/good natured humor, but let’s try not to chase away yet another real pro by being overly sarcastic or too bold behind the keyboard. Ok? :dunno

gibson3798

Dude... The title of the thread is "Pete Thorn facts". OP listed a bunch of things that he calls facts but which are clearly ridiculous jokes. I responded with a joke about doubting whether those "facts" are actually facts. That's all there is to it. As for everything you just wrote - I have no idea what the hell you're talking about.
Totally misunderstood your post. I'm sorry.

Marshall_1/2_Stack

Lordy Mama light my fuse
Saw him with Melissa Etheridge a long time ago. Got my ass pinched by a group of giggling women while outside the ladies room waiting for my wife.
Greatest concert ever.
Also there was music.
I thought he was Jeff Beck at first because of his hair. Went home and learned everything about him.

FusionRock

It's sad, but not surprising, that one of the nicest (observation of his online demeanor and YouTube videos), most talented, and most knowledgeable guitarists is questioned and put down by the usual cast of nobodies. You don't get consistently hired by name artists unless you've got the goods.

Jecht

Yes Sir! Of course, when it comes from a person who puts a ''.'' after a word, starts sentences with ''or'' and tries to give lessons in grammar and style on the musical forum, while alluding to "career and success", then I have to listen.

You are giving lessons to a person who fought for His country, spilled blood, worked in several foreign regions, spent years at Doctors Without Borders, UNDEP, and went to save human lives.

You will tell me what success is? Great, I deserved to be taught by such character. For what reason? Because I commented in an honest way what I think and didn't offend anyone.

Sorry Sir, that some years which I spent in a music school have taught me a few things and I still have a good set of ears.

I make mistakes because I'm currently learning a new language and use several languages during the day, but that is more of an excuse and the real reason is my insomnia and PTSD.
What can I do? It happens when people do those jobs, same as Ego tortures some others. So they give themselves the excuse to trample on people they don't understand, about whom they know nothing just to impress a few of their customers/fans.

It's really a lesson worthy of respect, I'll take care of ''Grammar. Spelling. Sentence structure. Capitalization! '' more, I promise.
I'm asking for permission to move away.

You were the one with the snarky post, so don't get upset when Pete responds in kind.

John Hurtt

Platinum Supporting Member
Yes Sir! Of course, when it comes from a person who puts a ''.'' after a word, starts sentences with ''or'' and tries to give lessons in grammar and style on the musical forum, while alluding to "career and success", then I have to listen.

You are giving lessons to a person who fought for His country, spilled blood, worked in several foreign regions, spent years at Doctors Without Borders, UNDEP, and went to save human lives.

You will tell me what success is? Great, I deserved to be taught by such character. For what reason? Because I commented in an honest way what I think and didn't offend anyone.

Sorry Sir, that some years which I spent in a music school have taught me a few things and I still have a good set of ears.

I make mistakes because I'm currently learning a new language and use several languages during the day, but that is more of an excuse and the real reason is my insomnia and PTSD.
What can I do? It happens when people do those jobs, same as Ego tortures some others. So they give themselves the excuse to trample on people they don't understand, about whom they know nothing just to impress a few of their customers/fans.

It's really a lesson worthy of respect, I'll take care of ''Grammar. Spelling. Sentence structure. Capitalization! '' more, I promise.
I'm asking for permission to move away.
You criticized, in a thread so obviously a playful show of respect for someone, his skill at his livelihood. He responded in kind to your skill at posting a snarky message on a message board. You have not only learned something from Pete, but also when you drop in to pee on a thread you could end up splashing a bit on yourself.

Last edited:

Lode Runner

I'm asking for permission to move away

Would-be bullies always resort to victimhood when their online bullying backfires and blows up in their face.

ShredSquatch

Conspiracy Experience Director & Stunt Guitarist
Gold Supporting Member
@sinasl1 rocks and I’ve checked out many pedals and bought some because of him. He’s an amazing player and great guy… he’s even answered my question about a hoodie he was wearing in a video.

And in the words of Ricky Bobby “if you don’t like Pete Thorn then ……….. “ ;)

~ss

jenksdrummer

It's sad, but not surprising, that one of the nicest (observation of his online demeanor and YouTube videos), most talented, and most knowledgeable guitarists is questioned and put down by the usual cast of nobodies. You don't get consistently hired by name artists unless you've got the goods.
Or like his video suggests (and is absolutely on point) you can play like the hand of God, but don't be an egotistical a-hole because you'll get shut down and blacklisted pretty quickly because no one wants to work with a hired ego. Everyone at that level can play as well as you or better, it's your attitude and approach that makes the difference between you and the next guy up.

Reputation is everything when you move up to being a true hired gun. You're there to support the band and execute. To that point, you can be a better bandmate than the guys in the band and that alone can get you more work. I mean, don't whip out the kneepads or whatever, but don't be on anyone's radar for creating problems or drama.

I think many of us would love to be in Pete's position, but situations didn't pan out. To that, I'm dead certain that he worked his ass off to get there and outworked anyone that was in his circles as he worked his way up. I applaud and admire that effort. That aside, I find his YT content to be some of the best I've found. TBH, I didn't know of him until I found a YT video posted here; then found all the rest along the way. I wouldn't say I'm a super-fan or anything like that, just that his content is great, and the guy can play and achieved something I dreamed of doing but never pursued it hard enough...as a drummer - lol

Top Bottom