Pete Thorn on Treble Boosters

gtrfinder

Silver Supporting Member
This came across my YouTube feed:

Cool video, with great examples of recorded tones that most are familiar with. An interesting point is the use of the guitar's volume knob in conjunction with a treble booster hammering the input of a tube amp. I don't really have experience with them, but now I'm thinking about trying one.

gtrfinder

Silver Supporting Member
Another thing that struck me was just how unique Brian May's tones are. I definitely see the Rory Gallagher connection now; but May took it to another level. Makes me wonder how much time was spent in the studio turning knobs and pushing switches on that guitar to get just the right tone. A balancing act for sure...

MadFrank

Silver Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Awesome vid. Pete is such an inspiration.

Interesting collection of TBs from about 8 years ago too. Do divided by 13 still make pedals? Do 65 amps?

I bet the Cornish is the pick of the bunch.

thesjkexperienc

^^^ I made this guitar^^^
I think treble boosters account for 1/4 of my pedals lol. Still my Arcane Analog Skullmasters get most of the heavy lifting with a Flynn Hawk getting action when I need the 3 band eq.

amdowell

Supporting Member
If I didn't already own two (Diamond Marquis and Catalinbread Naga Viper) this video would absolutely cause me to buy one (Already have a couple on my to-buy list anyway so this video will only feed the G.A.S.).
How do you like the Diamond Marquis? I’m a big fan of Diamond pedals and have been considering a treble booster for some time now.