Pete Thorn's White Suhr?

dmbandtimmy

Does anyone know what model Pete's whit Suhr is and what pickups he has in it? I was recently watching a video on youtube and it looks sick and sounds great. I wish I have his chops or even a quarter of his chops :) I still want that guitar though!

sinasl1

Hi guys- the white guitar, John built me as a kind of test of roasted bodies- it has a roasted alder body (and roasted maple neck). It has a vintage style trem and a 9-14" radius, the neck I think is a 60's C standard shape. heavy frets, and a thornbucker + and 2 V60LP pickups. It's a great guitar! Getting more and more beat up, the thin nitro ages quickly and I love that.

mfranzdorf

Hi guys- the white guitar, John built me as a kind of test of roasted bodies- it has a roasted alder body (and roasted maple neck). It has a vintage style trem and a 9-14" radius, the neck I think is a 60's C standard shape. heavy frets, and a thornbucker + and 2 V60LP pickups. It's a great guitar! Getting more and more beat up, the thin nitro ages quickly and I love that.
Thanks Pete!

orogeny

Silver Supporting Member
did you choose the rosewood (vs. maple) fingerboard?

dmbandtimmy

Thanks Pete! I love the look of that guitar. I wish I had half of your chops. I'll have to email Suhr and see what price point a guitar like that would be at.

sinasl1

Well, I'm trying to share a pic of said geetar but Photobucket appears to be absolutely terrible now! So full of ads and pop ups, and I can't even get an IMG code to copy. Nightmare. What's another good photo hosting site?

Last edited:

T92780

Well, I'm trying to share a pic of said geetar but Photobucket appears to be absolutely terrible now! So full of ads and pop ups, and I can't even get an IMG code to copy. Nightmare. What's another good photo hosting site?

For good/bad, I always upload images to: Flickr

The Captain

PB is *****, but if you open the pic the you can copy the URL. I have the same issues. Basically forcing you to pay for an account upgrade.

I've asked Pete so many questions about this guitar he probably hates me. I'm always bugging him on YouTube asking where the white Suhr is if he doesn't play it in a video. He played the green Suhr in last nights video plus I got my fill of the white on during the Tim & Pete Show this week.

I based my Strat on Pete's Suhr with Thornbucker Plus and Suhr V60LP in the middle and neck. Sounds awesome, so glad I did it.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom