Peter Bernstein's Zeidler archtop

lemonpaul59

Oh how I love his archtop tone. I've seen him play his guitar through Twin Reverbs, Roland Jazz Chorus 120 etc, the tone is always fantastic.

Mandolin Brothers will gladly sell you the last Zeidler, for the bargain price of 100K:
http://mandoweb.com/Instruments/Zeidler-'Project'+Acoustic+Archtop+Custom+Guitar/620

Good luck sounding like Peter Bernstein though! Bernstein teamed up with either Brad Mehldau or Larry Goldings, is some of the best jazz the world has to offer, in my book.

monkmiles

Silver Supporting Member
Agreed man. Just saw him up close a few weeks ago with Larry and Bill and was front row.

I typically see him use either a Vibroluxe Reverb, which I think is his main amp, or Twin Reverb at gigs where I'm guessing it's usually supplied/requested.

lemonpaul59

Agreed man. Just saw him up close a few weeks ago with Larry and Bill and was front row.

I typically see him use either a Vibroluxe Reverb, which I think is his main amp, or Twin Reverb at gigs where I'm guessing it's usually supplied/requested.
Sounds like a great show.

I show them about 2 years ago. Between songs, a bunch of people starting yelling out songs to play. I hopped on the bandwagon, yelled a little louder, "Jive Coffee, Jive Coffee". Peter started laughing, while Larry replied into the mic, in a perfect monotone, "yes, yes, those are all good songs". Funny moment indeed. They knew long time fans were in attendance.

Trending Topics