Peter Green John Mayall Bluesbreakers

jomac

I saw Fleetwood Mac a few times as a 4 piece - pre Danny Kirwan. One night Jeremy Spencer was ill and they played as a trio. Magic !! He was also a very soulful singer and a great harmonica player. But boy could he play that Les Paul.
I'm officially jealous. That must have been some experience? I was born a little bit too late for the British blues boom.

Bob Maximus

Gold Supporting Member
This is epic.

And no ofense intended, but screw your AxeFX, Helix and whatever else. This is tone. Les Paul > cranked JTM45 = awesome.

I really enjoy that type of jamming over a continuous 1-4-5 (type) of piece, and I think peter did it better than most, but I can see how it would be a turn-off to a lot of contemporary music listeners. I listened to the whole cut, but had it gone another time around, I probably would have stopped it.

karmadave

Silver Supporting Member
Apparently a fan from Holland was able to sneak a one channel reel to reel recorder into 5 London clubs. It would be really interesting to hear those 5 shows that karmadave has.
Here's the story:
http://www.johntherevelator.nl/history/peter_green_

I contacted Tom Huissen, before he provided these recordings to John Mayall, and he was kind enough to allow me access to all 5 shows. They were recorded on primitive equipment, but the playing is incredible. It's pretty much Fleetwood Mac (minus Jeremy Spencer & Danny Kirwin) + John Mayall. The recordings have been cleaned up somewhat for the commercial releases so they sound a little better...

jomac

I contacted Tom Huissen, before he provided these recordings to John Mayall, and he was kind enough to allow me access to all 5 shows. They were recorded on primitive equipment, but the playing is incredible. It's pretty much Fleetwood Mac (minus Jeremy Spencer & Danny Kirwin) + John Mayall. The recordings have been cleaned up somewhat for the commercial releases so they sound a little better..
Amazing story. Hopefully someday the rest of these important recordings will be released.
Thank you for the info.

Trending Topics