• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.
  • On Thursday, January 20, 2022, starting at 7 pm EST, We will take the forum offline to do the necessary upgrades. Estimates are a possible 3-hour total downtime to complete the process. So mark your calendar to play your guitar.

Peter Jackson's "Let it Be" will be 6-hour series on Disney Plus

Trandy

Silver Supporting Member
Yeah, Lennon was super lame about the Yoko thing, she should have been nowhere near the band when they worked, and his coolness dropped big time over that fiasco. Seeing her in that video, which is thankfully very little, just makes me cringe, the other guys must have been really upset about that.

Yoko: "Me too, me too...I'm a Beatle!". :rolleyes::facepalm

Jon Silberman

10Q Jerry & Dickey
Silver Supporting Member
Notice how people cannot resist crapping on John and Yoko yet, in the trailers and advance clips I've seen, there's plenty of Paul and Linda, too. ;)

Seriously, I wouldn't have liked having Yoko there, either. But it was either John and her, or neither, and the other 3 guys cut their deals with the devil.

Jayyj

Silver Supporting Member
There's an out-take which I think it's just audio with Paul, George and another voice (maybe Lindsey Hogg!) discussing Yoko and the two of them being pretty hacked off with her but Paul is fighting their corner saying look, he's in love, he's happier when she's around, it really doesn't do us any harm so let's just be supportive and accommodate it.

I think too much is made of Yoko and Linda being a presence. It may have been an irritant but I think it was very much a symptom of the problem rather than the problem itself, that being that the four of them had been trapped in a pressure cooker environment for the best part of a decade, desperately wanting to spread their wings and have lives and experiences outside of the four of them. In retrospect, if they'd been allowed to take things slower, taken a year off after the White Album sessions which clearly had a fair bit of tension around them, perhaps things might have worked out better but it's hard to blame Lennon for thinking sod it, if they're going to make me commit all this time I want to spend with Yoko to a band project I don't really want to do anyway I might as well take her into the studio so we can have time together there.

If they'd had the freedom to do that stuff outside of the Beatles I don't think it would have spilled over into the band the way it did.

Trandy

Silver Supporting Member
Notice how people cannot resist crapping on John and Yoko yet, in the trailers and advance clips I've seen, there's plenty of Paul and Linda, too. ;)

Seriously, I wouldn't have liked having Yoko there, either. But it was either John and her, or neither, and the other 3 guys cut their deals with the devil.
I wasn't crapping on John and Yoko...Yoko...yeah...but not John and Yoko. ;)

If it's considered capping on Yoko for pointing out how close she is in the clip I would say she's always carried herself as a serious professional avant garde artist and demanded respect for that . She has been given that so I'm annoyed that she dropped her professionalism in those clips . There was one of her performance pieces that I couldn't find pics of where Lennon sat behind her playing air guitar out on a lawn . I saw it in a art history class so pics do exist . Some university in the 60's . Lennon was the one side busting there .

A funny album title of a great band . I guess a tribute to a legendary bootleg of Linda McCartney singing

rubbersoul

There's an out-take which I think it's just audio with Paul, George and another voice (maybe Lindsey Hogg!) discussing Yoko and the two of them being pretty hacked off with her but Paul is fighting their corner saying look, he's in love, he's happier when she's around, it really doesn't do us any harm so let's just be supportive and accommodate it.

I think too much is made of Yoko and Linda being a presence. It may have been an irritant but I think it was very much a symptom of the problem rather than the problem itself, that being that the four of them had been trapped in a pressure cooker environment for the best part of a decade, desperately wanting to spread their wings and have lives and experiences outside of the four of them. In retrospect, if they'd been allowed to take things slower, taken a year off after the White Album sessions which clearly had a fair bit of tension around them, perhaps things might have worked out better but it's hard to blame Lennon for thinking sod it, if they're going to make me commit all this time I want to spend with Yoko to a band project I don't really want to do anyway I might as well take her into the studio so we can have time together there.

If they'd had the freedom to do that stuff outside of the Beatles I don't think it would have spilled over into the band the way it did.
Well said.

-CM-

Something Clever Here
Gold Supporting Member
What kind of ride at Disney World will they make of this?

Trending Topics

Top Bottom