Peters amps?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by diofan56, Feb 2, 2006.

1. diofan56

diofan56 Member

Hi all!

I have been reading a few threads and people have been saying they would like to have a Peters amp. What is the scoop on those amps? If I played through a Peters Dual Channel amp would it make me want to sell my Aiken Invader Mk II 18-watt head?

Dave
    diofan56

2. carltonh

carltonh Member

Never got to play one in person. If I needed and could afford another boutique amp, I'd put one near the top of a short list for getting lots of sounds. Several of his channel options are much higher gain than the Aiken though. Probably quite different to compare the two. James Peters is occasionally on this list with useful information.

3. SecretAsianMan

SecretAsianMan Member

Peters are great amps, no doubt. But selling an Aiken Invader... man, you could really come to regret that. I love my Invader 1x12 combo - the perfect combination of just the right features, great feel, and ultimate tone. Invaders aren't made any more, so you can expect them to gradually become unobtanium...

4. MusicGearGuys

MusicGearGuys Member

Both are great amps IMHO.
    I kinda like the more classic preamps that James makes. I have never played an Invader, but the clips sound awesome.

I'd keep the Invader and look for a used Peters if ya want both.

Gregory

5. pm81

pm81 Member

I've been fortunate to have owned two of James' low wattage amps and his service and product are terrific. I've learned a lot in my correspondence with him.

Paul

6. diofan56

diofan56 Member

Hi all!

Hey, thanks for the replies! I gotta say I have no desire to sell my Aiken. That is a pretty sweet amp! I recently bought an Aiken 2 x 12 from a buddy so I now have a 'full' Aiken rig.

Will the Peters heads get that Marshally sound as well as the Aiken?

Dave
    diofan56

7. tradarama

tradarama www.PRIMEGUITARS.com Silver Supporting Member

I particularly loved the Wolverine....WOW! PS James is a class act

8. JamesPeters

JamesPeters Member

Thanks for the kinds words, fellas. :)

As for "Peters vs. Aiken", I have this to say.

If you love the Aiken (or any other amp you already own), for god's sakes keep it. Buy one of my amps if you think you want what I'm offering, not thinking that it can replace another amp you own "and add more features". If after owning it you feel you appreciate it as much for the same things your other amps do and you decide to sell your other amps, at least you know for sure you're not making a bad decision.

Yes, my amps can sound Marshally...in the way that I make them sound that way of course; they are not meant to be clones nor do I make non-master designs, so I'm not even trying to compete in those areas.

If you have any questions beyond this you're welcome to contact me (email or phone) any day of the week. Thanks for considering my amps in any case!

9. SecretAsianMan

SecretAsianMan Member

The moral of this thread is: Buy both!
    :dude

10. JamesPeters

JamesPeters Member

I like your username. :) I know a guy who used to think that was the name of that song, too. We had a good laugh over that.

11. SecretAsianMan

SecretAsianMan Member

Thanks, JP. I picked this internet name almost a decade ago because of the song, but since then have become quite the Japanophile. So it is kind of eerily fitting...

Man, I had the hardest time deciding whether to get a Peters or an Aiken Invader. Both amps have an innovative set of features and get great reviews. In the end I decided to get the Aiken because of how hard to find I think they will become and anticipated needs. I absolutely love the Aiken, but one of these days I'll be placing an order with you too.

12. SecretAsianMan

SecretAsianMan Member

That's a great methodology for making amps. My next comments are OT, so I'll send them in an email.

13. MusicGearGuys

MusicGearGuys Member

James makes a fantastic amp for those that dont know. I also understand that his customer service is top notch.
    One day I hope to own one.
    Gregory