1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Peterson Strobostomp

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Souled Out, Aug 31, 2005.

1. Souled Out

Souled Out Member

I am not trying to kick a dead horse here, but I picked up one of these after reading reviews here. This place is bad, go figure, spending that kind of money on a tuner. Anyway, best bang for the buck in awhile. I AM INTUNE! Thought I was for the last 35 years. IGNORANCE IS BLISS. Can't wait to really learn how to work it. :dude

2. agentcooper2001

agentcooper2001 Member

mine should be here tomorrow. Now, I'll just need to learn how to use a strobe tuner. I've only used the Boss TU-2 before, so I'll be lost.

3. Souled Out

Souled Out Member

Yeah me too. I've been just tuning until the strobe stops. Sounds great, maybe I will read the directions.

4. agentcooper2001

agentcooper2001 Member

the only thing that makes me think I may have trouble is, the manual is supposed to be awful and not really explain anything.

5. Souled Out

Souled Out Member

Your Correct, when I glanced at the directions I thought it was mssing few pages. Maybe they have more info on the web site. I really want to try the sweetened 12 string tunings. I don't play my twelve string much becasue it's a hassle to tune. That may change. Capo tunings look interesting as well.

6. noodle_world

noodle_world Member

7. rpavich

rpavich Member

8. Souled Out

Souled Out Member

see what I mean, What a great place. Just ask and you shall receive. Thanks

9. drolling

drolling Member

Strobostomp's accurate enough to allow me to set my own intonation as well. Since I got mine, I've changed my old tele bridge to a compensated one. I think it's somehow improved my hearing...

10. Garrett Bagby

Garrett Bagby Member

Best pedal I've ever bought. It's super great for performances. It's quick enough that I can usually sneak in a few tune-ups between songs. And it's a great way to cut my signal to the amp when doing guitar changes.

When I first got it, I was so confused and got frustrated because the user guide wasn't much help to a strobe rookie. But their forum was great and now I'm a strobe tunin' pro.