• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Petition for David Gilmour to do Toneprints!

Should you like David Gilmour do Toneprints?

• Yes!!!!!!

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

El Chiguete

Well on 9-21-2012 I ask Tore from TC Electronics this:

Originally Posted by El Chiguete
Can you PLEEEEEASE get Gilmour to do a couple of Toneprints?​

His response was:

David Gilmour doing toneprints? I would be one a plane now should he ever call!!! :)

So I would like to organize a petiton for David Gilmour to do it :banana! I know it's a long shot but lets see how many people are there interested on this to happend :beer.

Jack Gilvey

I voted no because "should" implies a moral imperative. I do happen to think it would be cool, though. Are you petitioning Dave? Can't really tell.

El Chiguete

Ok, for those who are not familiar with Toneprints is something that TC Electronics has come up with it's new pedals. Basicly it goes beyond just using a specific setting on a pedal by getting together with an artist andusing a software that customizes a lot of other parameters that that pedal doesn't cover. So in the end you get a dead-on starting point for a sound from an artist that you can then use as a totally different type of effect to use and download to your pedal.

Check this video, you can see that they is adding parameters to the delay that are not in the pedal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPhvvt7mSPc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ibfafr02-M&feature=relmfu

El Chiguete

Well no, I don't have a direct contat to David or nothing, but since Tore and the guys at TC are in this forum they can see that is something that people want.

OotMagroot

Silver Supporting Member
We should also petition Alex Lifeson to do a Corona Chorus toneprint (since he uses a 1210 for his chorus sound now).

Ryan84

This is a good idea and you have my support. Let that Tore guy from TC know about this.

78deluxe

Based on previous actions by TC, it is pretty obvious if they did get him to do a tone-print it would be in a "brand new" pedal you would have to purchase to acquire the toneprint.

Therefore, I wouldn't care.

lux_interior

What would be the actual value of this? It would sound so similar to so many other modes and toneprints already out there that the general idea would be "eh... what's so special about it?". Plus, if I was Gilmour, I would prefer people to find their own voice instead of deluding themselves that a Toneprint with my name on it would provide a shortcut to what I sound like. Some high profile artists are very reluctant (and rightfully so) to associate themselves with a particular brand, effect or even worse one setting exactly for that purpose, and in order to avoid the pigeonholing that comes with it.

Last edited:

A-Bone

Montonero, MOY, Multitudes
Platinum Supporting Member
And wasn't it David Gilmour who thought the idea of a signature model Fender (and a book about his black strat) was sort of a silly idea, and had to be talked into it by his tech Phil Taylor?

mwvm

someone who is worth £150m is hardly going to sit down with a bunch of geeks to "design" a pedal unless they pay ridiculous amounts of cash as it's an endorsement of their equipment.

he uses a t-rex delay these days

Trending Topics

Top Bottom