Pharaohs Jubilee silver overdrive

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by teleblaster, Jun 12, 2006.

1. teleblaster

teleblaster Member

Just ordered one from matt. I cant wait, Ive been waiting for someone to come out with a pedal like this and, being familar with some of his other pedals i have a feeling its going to be killer!. I will post some thoughts after ive played with it a while. - mike

:drool

2. clothwiring

clothwiring Supporting Member

Definately let us know how it sounds compared to a 2555. I have a 2555 and 2558 that I'd love to have in a pedal.

3. michael.e

michael.e Supporting Member

I wonder how much overlap there is going to be with the Cheetah?
    I just checked out the Pharoah website for the first time and I am really impressed with the clips of the Cheetah. Also, the Delay sounds pretty dang good as well.

M.E.

4. michael.e

Homebrew Electronics?? I don't understand. Doesn't Joel own Homebrew Electronics?

EDIT-Listening to your clips, which one sounds like the Jubilee?
    EDIT EDIT- Your Myspace account has been deleted
    Thanks,
    M.E.

5. big mike

big mike Administrator Staff Member

There's actually 2 Homebrew''s Michael. Joel owns Homebrew in Arizona. No affiliation.

6. michael.e

Ahh! Understand now :crazy

I guess that kind of sucks for whoever was first or owns the name.

Oh, well.

So, Silver Jubilee Homebrew, which clip is your Jubilee clip?

Thanks, M.E.

7. todd richman

todd richman Senior Member

I could not here a Silver Jubilee clip on the Death Head-which of the 3 clips is the one?

8. Marcus Dahl

Marcus Dahl Member

Well, I changed my name a number of months back to M.A.D. Effects, and I apologize about the myspace thing. THis should work. www.myspace.com/madeffects
    I just add one to many d's

9. Marcus Dahl

Marcus Dahl Member

At one point in time there was 2 Homebrews. Now there is just one and a MAD Effects to cause less confussion. Account not deleted just to many d's in the url.
    :BEER

10. Marcus Dahl

Marcus Dahl Member

The clips on the site aren't working for some reason. You can use the links now for the myspace site. They work now. You can also send me an email to madeffects at gmail.com and I can send you clips as well.

11. teleblaster

teleblaster Member

Yea, i could"nt figure it out too!:confused: But i still cant wait for that JUBLIEE!:p

12. todd richman

I think marcus did not understand my post. I cannot hear the Jubilee sound in any of the DH clips? I owned one-the 100 watter back in 89 or 90 and the DH sounds fizzy and not amplike at all-sorry!

13. Marcus Dahl

Marcus Dahl Member

Todd send me an email and I'll send you the MP3 clips. It seems as though the bottom end is being dropped on the ones that are posted for some reason and the fizzieness is being accented. Although this pedal is a little fizzy, it is not as fizzy as the clips online are representing it be. Unfortunately when I was designing the pedal I personally didn't have a 2555 to a/b it to. I mainly went by the actual schematic for a 2555, Velvet Revolver's album, G&R's Appetite For Destruction, and a close friend of mine that had owned 2 different 2555's, and a buddy of mine that sold a number of them. I apologize for any inconvenience in the online sound quality and if you would like to borrow one to try out, just let me know via email.
    madeffects (at) gmail.com

14. todd richman

Rumor has it that Appetite was a '71 Super Tremolo head that George Lynch had used on the '86 Under Lock and Key tour rented from Andy Brauer at S.I.R. and it had been modded by Tim Caswell now of Studio ELectronics fame. I think the Jubilees were first used by Slash on the Appetite tour after the album came out.

15. Marcus Dahl

Marcus Dahl Member

That's interesting cause what I've read and interviews I've read say it was both a 2203, which is similar to a 2555 without the complex diode section, and a 2555. You are right about Slash not owning his 2555's till being out on the road after the album. How I heard he got into the 2203 and the 2555 was through the production company providing amps for the studio on Appetite.

16. todd richman

There was a pretty detailed post about this at www.hugeracksinc.com about a year ago. I think Tim Caswell needs to chime in on this one day. I do remember George Lynch talking about this amp in an interview after Under Lock and key came out and I also remember Slash talking about this amp that he actually used and kept "stole" from SIR after the sessions but then his tech accidentally returned it to Andy Brauer. I believe that is the same amp that Caswell modded.

17. Marcus Dahl

Marcus Dahl Member

Not denying your info, but it doesn't sound like the same amp on those albums. I will say both are a clean distortion though.

18. todd richman

George was known to use things like Boss OD-1 and maybe even an old rangemaster to goose an amp back then so that could explain the difference-I would say that both albums-Under Lock and Appetite so sound like a modded Marshall. Ie. Nightrain has that high gain sort of grind.

19. Marcus Dahl

Marcus Dahl Member

I really don't know. I just know that the production company let them use a 2203 and a 2555. Slash stole the 2555 for a year till he could afford one. Couldn't tell you anything on the Lynch story.