• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Phase sounds from my Fuzzface

PEImatrix

I was recording a solo for one of our tunes, and I have no idea how it happened but when we played the track back, there is was a really spacey phase thing that happened for part of the solo. This ever happen to anyone else?

I was just using my Strat, FF, Bassman, and 2x12.

EDIT - Here is a the tone I'm talking about. Now, nothing is mixed or EQ'd, and I don't think there are any plugins or FX on any of the tracks.

Listen to the first phrase of the solo for the sound I'm talking about. I don't mind it, in fact, I really like it! :)

http://media.putfile.com/raw-trackssolo

Last edited:
M

Member 995

Some fuzzes do that "zhoosh" phasey sound. A good thing, I think.

michael dukes

Hard to say without hearing the recorded evidence, but I find that with my favorite fuzzes, the ones that feel most organic and alive (I have a germanium Fuzz Face clone that fits in this category) I sometimes hear a slow swirl or bloom on leads that almost sounds as if there was light phasing involved. It's definitely the pedal/amp in the cases I'm describing, not room/mic phase issues. I really love the sound!

steveb

Hmm, I just listened to it quite a few times, & I don't really hear any phasing. It sounds like a straight ahead fuzz to me, & that's still a very good thing.

PEImatrix

Hmm, I just listened to it quite a few times, & I don't really hear any phasing. It sounds like a straight ahead fuzz to me, & that's still a very good thing.
The part from about :06 to :09 seems to sound kinda phasey to me, but maybe that's just normal Ge FF tones.

Stormbringer

I am with Steve here, I can't hear any significant phasing going on there (maybe, just maybe, a very tiny little bit of phase cancellation but almost inaudible).

BTW, great sounding track! What FF were you using? The intro sounds great, don't touch a thing!:cool:

PEImatrix

I am with Steve here, I can't hear any significant phasing going on there (maybe, just maybe, a very tiny little bit of phase cancellation but almost inaudible).

BTW, great sounding track! What FF were you using? The intro sounds great, don't touch a thing!:cool:
Thanks, It's a BYOC Germainium fuzz. It has the more output mod and I installed an external bias pot. The fuzz knob is maxed, the vol knob is at 3:00

Maybe I'm hearing things. Either that, or I'm just not discribing what I'm hearing. All in all I'm pretty happy with the sound. It still needs a HPF added to the track, and maybe a little more high end. I may add a bit of verb or delay, but I'm not sure if I should. I love the 1st half of the solo, but the 2nd half almost seems a little dry. Any suggestions?

Trending Topics