Phase sounds from my Fuzzface

PEImatrix

I was recording a solo for one of our tunes, and I have no idea how it happened but when we played the track back, there is was a really spacey phase thing that happened for part of the solo. This ever happen to anyone else?

I was just using my Strat, FF, Bassman, and 2x12.

EDIT - Here is a the tone I'm talking about. Now, nothing is mixed or EQ'd, and I don't think there are any plugins or FX on any of the tracks.

Listen to the first phrase of the solo for the sound I'm talking about. I don't mind it, in fact, I really like it! :)

http://media.putfile.com/raw-trackssolo

Last edited:
M

Member 995

Some fuzzes do that "zhoosh" phasey sound. A good thing, I think.

michael dukes

Hard to say without hearing the recorded evidence, but I find that with my favorite fuzzes, the ones that feel most organic and alive (I have a germanium Fuzz Face clone that fits in this category) I sometimes hear a slow swirl or bloom on leads that almost sounds as if there was light phasing involved. It's definitely the pedal/amp in the cases I'm describing, not room/mic phase issues. I really love the sound!

steveb

Hmm, I just listened to it quite a few times, & I don't really hear any phasing. It sounds like a straight ahead fuzz to me, & that's still a very good thing.

PEImatrix

Hmm, I just listened to it quite a few times, & I don't really hear any phasing. It sounds like a straight ahead fuzz to me, & that's still a very good thing.

The part from about :06 to :09 seems to sound kinda phasey to me, but maybe that's just normal Ge FF tones.

Stormbringer

I am with Steve here, I can't hear any significant phasing going on there (maybe, just maybe, a very tiny little bit of phase cancellation but almost inaudible).

BTW, great sounding track! What FF were you using? The intro sounds great, don't touch a thing!:cool:

PEImatrix

I am with Steve here, I can't hear any significant phasing going on there (maybe, just maybe, a very tiny little bit of phase cancellation but almost inaudible).

BTW, great sounding track! What FF were you using? The intro sounds great, don't touch a thing!:cool:

Thanks, It's a BYOC Germainium fuzz. It has the more output mod and I installed an external bias pot. The fuzz knob is maxed, the vol knob is at 3:00

Maybe I'm hearing things. Either that, or I'm just not discribing what I'm hearing. All in all I'm pretty happy with the sound. It still needs a HPF added to the track, and maybe a little more high end. I may add a bit of verb or delay, but I'm not sure if I should. I love the 1st half of the solo, but the 2nd half almost seems a little dry. Any suggestions?

Trending Topics

Top Bottom