Phaser recommendation?

Lamby

The Empress is great, but I didn't need so many options so ended up selling it and getting a Walrus Lilllian, which I'm really impressed with.

p.j.

Old Blood Noise Endeavours' Dweller [phaser repeater]
The Dweller is awesome but would not be my first choice for a phaser. I would recommend an H.B.E. over the Dweller in terms of "normal" phase sounds. If you want to almost get to a sound design stage then the Dweller is awesome.

lhama

Moog phaser is THE king of phasers (why they never made a compact version is beyond me). Lovely sound, but big, non pratical and discontinued.

My favorit small phaser is the Mad Professor TOP.

Riffa

I recently just got back into the lowly Boss PH-3. One of my first effect pedals that got packed away and forgotten about when I fell into my "booteek is best" phase. I love it on the 8-stage mode, first in my chain before dirt. Such an underrated and great sounding little phaser. You can find them used for a steal because they're one of the non-vintage Boss pedals that catch a bad rap for some reason. Has some cool unique features as well. The fall mode might be my second favorite setting.
I still love the Boss PH-3. The step mode was unique for writing trippy drum-n-bass back in the day. Ok, I want another one now. Haha.
Interested in this one. I'd like to try a different, quieter (digital) phaser. Anyone tried it after dirt, though?

Killshakes

I had a grand orbiter v.1, and honestly, I didn’t like it. I found it either too subtle or too obvious, and the phaser always just kind of sat on top of the dry guitar sound.

I have two phasers currently: (1) the Maxon PH350, and (2) an Analogman-modded Ross R99. The Maxon is fantastic, and has a lot of range, but oddly enough I use the Ross more.

HBob

I really like the Mad Professor Tiny Orange Phaser. I have it, the Subdecay Quasar Delux V1 and a HBE Psilocybe. The TOP kinda bridges the gap between the lofi weird wave shape of the HBE and the more high fi Quasar. The TOP is closer to my old reissue Phase 90 I got rid of due to the little volume jump that irritated me. I really like that it has the mix knob. I had a Lovetone Doppelganger that did the same little volume boost. Did not care for that.

Sonny2002

T-Rex Tremonti phaser is my favorite, and it has nice options. Level, drive, rate, and depth controls. Toggle switch between 4- or 8-stage. And stereo output. At used market, you should definitely be at less than $150.

CRUZCRUZ

Psilocybe Phase Shifter and script phase 90 are the best that are affordable IMHO. Mu-tron phasor if you have the dro!

Meriphew

The MXR '74 RI Phase 90 is by far my favorite phaser that I've used/tried. I've tried replacing it with "better" versions of it too.

Trending Topics