Phasers similar to the BOSS PH-2

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by guitar_lab, Feb 20, 2012.

1. guitar_lab

guitar_lab Member

So am I correct in assuming the BOSS PH-2 Super Phaser is a 10 Stage Phaser? I was wondering if there are any similar pedals out there?

As near gear comes out I think we all ask ourselves, "Is there a better way to do this?" and in the case of my recently sold vintage small stone, YES! The Whetstone from Blackout Effectors is like they took a small stone and made every aspect tweakable. Equally good sound quality.

I am looking for something like that to replace my BOSS PH-2 Super Phaser (1986 - Japan) if it exists. It is like my old boss pedal. Just nothing sounds like it with that SUPER deep woosh like my solo just went through a long tube, LOL. Cheers.

2. HowardMusic

HowardMusic Member

I think the Maxon PT-9 is a 10-stage phaser - I think the effect itself runs on the subtle side so not sure how this compares with the PH-2.

3. champion ruby

champion ruby Member

I love the 10 stage mode on the PH-2. I actually bought mine because I thought it sounded closest to the rare Schulte Compact Phasing A which is an 8 stage phaser. There is a clone available now by mode machines but the price is a bit scary... Is the ultimate for that sound you describe though.

4. guitar_lab

guitar_lab Member

Thanks guys, great suggestions and wow that german company! Still listening to the sound demos, very cool and BIG pedal! :D