1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Phasers similar to the BOSS PH-2

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by guitar_lab, Feb 20, 2012.

1. guitar_lab

guitar_lab Member

So am I correct in assuming the BOSS PH-2 Super Phaser is a 10 Stage Phaser? I was wondering if there are any similar pedals out there?

As near gear comes out I think we all ask ourselves, "Is there a better way to do this?" and in the case of my recently sold vintage small stone, YES! The Whetstone from Blackout Effectors is like they took a small stone and made every aspect tweakable. Equally good sound quality.

I am looking for something like that to replace my BOSS PH-2 Super Phaser (1986 - Japan) if it exists. It is like my old boss pedal. Just nothing sounds like it with that SUPER deep woosh like my solo just went through a long tube, LOL. Cheers.

2. HowardMusic

HowardMusic Member

I think the Maxon PT-9 is a 10-stage phaser - I think the effect itself runs on the subtle side so not sure how this compares with the PH-2.

3. champion ruby

champion ruby Member

I love the 10 stage mode on the PH-2. I actually bought mine because I thought it sounded closest to the rare Schulte Compact Phasing A which is an 8 stage phaser. There is a clone available now by mode machines but the price is a bit scary... Is the ultimate for that sound you describe though.

4. guitar_lab

guitar_lab Member

Thanks guys, great suggestions and wow that german company! Still listening to the sound demos, very cool and BIG pedal! :D