Phil freaking Keaggy!!!!!!!!!!

travisvwright

Wow. What I love about the first clip is how he convinces the rest of the band to come in where and how he wants. Very professional all around.

Marty s Horne

One of my favorite musicians. I've got all the Glass Harp albums from the 70s as well as some solo stuff and I've seen him live twice. Phil is a total original; no one plays like him.

fyrwyr

Keaggy is one in a million for sure, he will always be at the top of my list of favs...

Dickie Fredericks

Gold Supporting Member
One of the greats for sure. Ive seen him a few times and he has been awesome each an every time.

BTW, I do that voume swell thing as a normal thing in my playing. Yes, I swiped it from Phil.

lhallam

Platinum Supporting Member
Funny to me how many folks know of Phil.

Glass Harp was just starting to get noticed when the band fell apart.

Great player

travisvwright

You've gotta love a guy who can do this (music starts @ 1:00):
That might be the most humbling video I've ever seen on TGP. The song is pretty cool anyway but then for Phil to pick it up and play harmony with it just in a few seconds is staggering. Wow.

frankencat

Guitarded
Gold Supporting Member
Just incase this was RE: "Salvation Army Band" is PK. However in my opinion not that great. Great but not PK Great.
Not that great? Not sure where you are coming from with that but just think about everything that is going on there, playing the song, singing, harmonzing, controlling the loops, plus the little things he does on top of that like the sound effects, singing into the sound hole etc. It is all done in a way that is not gimmicky at all and he makes it look so easy. I don't know many people who can do that and I have met some pretty monstrous cats in my day. Phil is at the top of the pack and few if any can touch what he does and the way he does it. Oh, and he writes some amazing songs as well :)

Pietro

2-Voice Guitar Junkie and All-Around Awesome Guy
Oh, and he can sing like crazy, too!

I'm going to put on some Keaggy for the rest of my day here. I've seen him at least 4 times, maybe 5. Amazing.

Rattle&Hum

Pure genius... Phil was a huge reason why I started playing guitar in the first place. HUGE inspiration. One of my guitar idols.

Trending Topics