• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Phil Lynott

mik777

So I was listening to some Thin Lizzy and I couldnt help but hear the comparisons in Phil Lynotts voice to that of Van Morrison... Not so much in the style but in the little nuances and inflections of their voices, even though their in different genres they both have a similar "soul" about them, maybe cause their both Irish. Anyone agree?

mik777

Personally "Live and Dangerous" was it for me...Just one of the great live albums ever!

John Bell

Silver Supporting Member
Hmmmm........you know what I do hear it.

Terrible loss...................:cry:

Cody

Well, look who’s undead!
Don't hold me to it - I don't remember the source - but I seem to remember Phil acknowledging the influence... back when some people though he sounded like Springsteen, he pointed out that it was more a Van Morrison thing.

mik777

Always rumored to have been heavily overdubbed.

-RAH3
Live or Memorex, I'm sure it was overdubbed...but the songs on that record where alot better quality than their studio stuff. The solos on "Still in Love with You" are still among my favorites "Live" or otherwise..

fuzzbox

The live and dangerous video has no overdubs..has mistakes an all! Killer!!
It starts with the trucks rolling in, the crew unloading and Lizzy in the dressing room.

I used to have the double live on vinyl back in the days but I never felt it was overdubbed. Then I bought the CD a few years back and it sounds way different. You can really hear the overdubbs and the energy is not there and some songs are different??? Wonder if there are different versions of it?

Always rumored to have been heavily overdubbed.

-RAH3

fuzzbomb

Yeah I've never really thought about it, but there may be a little Van Morrison inflection in places. I could be wrong, but I think I remember seeing in an Irish music documentary Van Morrison say that they knew each other.

Phil Lynott is my hero and Thin Lizzy is my all-time favorite rock band, hands down. We went to Ireland for our honeymoon last year and I visited Phil's grave while we were there. Only real fanboy thing I've ever done. Well and I did get a picture standing beside the statue of him off Grafton St.

Trending Topics