Philly Guitar Show (Oaks, PA) July 13-14: Who's going?

Baba

Supporting Member
You're definitely not from Jersey, with a question like that :D

I'm just poking fun atcha.

We used to go too. I drove up From Annapolis and my friends drove down from Boston. We are all lefties. We brought our own guitars and rented a few hotel rooms. The show mostly sucked for us, same vendors with the same overpriced stuff you see up and down the east coast. we stopped doing it 2 years ago and decided to fly to GearFest instead. Much better time !!
Same, I haven't been in years, it got boring, and it's not THAT close to me.

drewl

Sure wish they hadn't moved it from Valley Forge about 10 years now. It's about 45 more minutes driving for me, and Oaks is a pretty drab place, just a big square room. I haven't been in years, it just doesn't seem like it's worth the extra effort anymore.

It's only ten minutes further at the most.
Next exit up 422.

FFOGG

Fat Frustated Old Guy w/ Gut
Gold Supporting Member
Pm sent

Let me just make sure we are not having band practice ...

We have Yankee tix on Saturday

claudel

Supporting Member
Looks, um, exciting?

I can't go today.

Maybe tomorrow, I just can't say.

Any cool basses?

gtrdave

I was planning on going again, but I went for a 30 mile bike ride this morning and I've got an early gig tonight, so I'm busy packing up for the gig.

Have fun all who are venturing over there. I may make it out to the Fall show when it comes back around.

tjontheroad

Just Wanna Be Misunderstood
Vendor
Back home now. Decent show. Lots and lots of (overpriced) vintage stuff. Two things that really grabbed me were the Penza Guitars (beautiful) and the Reverend Gristlemaster (beastly). The Gristlemaster is the real deal. I want one :drool

wsaraceni

Supporting Member
i was somewhat disappointed. but i think thats mostly because i was only browsing. nothing really jumped out as something i'd want. i think i spent more time trying to find the entrance than walking around the show

Trending Topics