"Photo 302" Original BT Tune !

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by Texsunburst59, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Texsunburst59

Texsunburst59 Member

Here's a little tune my son's been working on. It's not quite finished,but I told him it would make a good BT. Anyway he wrote, played all the instruments and mixed it. All electric guitar parts were done on my Brown Note D'Lite 44 "ODE". Here's the link. I'd like to hear some of you guys take a crack at the backer.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=633883&songID=6784471

2. Scoredog

Scoredog Member

Kick drum is a little strong but this is a nice tune. Your son is doing very well:AOK

3. CDaughtry

CDaughtry Member

Texsun....I posted your son's killer original backing track over at the Les Paul Forum in the "Jam Zone."
    Come over and visit us!;)

4. hottub

hottub Member

That's a toe tapper for sure! The SE sounds good thru that amp!

5. Apeman

Apeman Member

Here's a guitar solo for the song, running over the chorus. This time I won't even make any excuses for my playing, only for the guitar being slightly out of tune :)

Nice backing track by the way :AOKI pretty much instantly came up with a melody as well; if you don't mind I might even post a vocal take if I can find the time to write some scratch lyrics (something I've never been able to do for any of my own songs, so the odds might be against this actually happening).

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6785997

6. Texsunburst59

Texsunburst59 Member

Apeman, that was a VERY melodic solo that had just the right amount of fatness to it. I was very to the point and fit the chorus like it was made for the tune. You killed on this one. Thanks for taking a shot at the backer.:AOK

Thanks for the kind words Craig. Any compliment from you is a big deal. My son thanks you for you kind words.:D

Thanks CD. I'm glad you like it and thanks for posting it on the LPF. You saved me from having to do it.:D

Thanks John. Well most guitars do sound pretty good through the D'lite,but the PRS does sound really fine. :D

7. BuddyGuit

BuddyGuit Supporting Member

Sounds to me like your son is getting the hang of this here music thing. Sounds good!

8. Lucidology

Lucidology Member

Outrageously cool ... keep it in da family ... carry on da legacy bro ..!!

9. Texsunburst59

Texsunburst59 Member

Thanks Joseph. My son appreciates the props,and he does me proud.:D

10. Apeman

Apeman Member

Well, what do you know... I jotted down some lyrics and recorded a scratch vocal :) I imagine this would be starting from the second verse. The vocals are not perfect, but that wasn't the point. Just thought it would be fun to fill a backing track with vocals instead of guitar for a change, and the melody just kind of appeared so...

By the way, if your son is not comfortable with having alternate versions of his songs lying around the 'net then just let me know and I'll remove it.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6787360

11. althrax

althrax Member

Loved it Tex, tell your son he did a wonderful job with the backer.

12. Texsunburst59

Texsunburst59 Member

Man Apeman, you have some nice vocals. It sounds like you wrote the song.I like the thick baritone vocal vs. the usual really high thin vocal. You really nailed it vocally and with the lead track. They both seem like they were made to be part of the song. GREAT JOB !!!!

13. Apeman

Apeman Member

Glad you liked it :) Please thank your son on my behalf for creating such a cool backing track, I really enjoyed working with it and the ideas just kind of popped out.