photo sensitive effects pedals...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by burythemisery, May 9, 2008.

1. burythemisery

burythemisery Member

i just wanted to say what a clever idea i dont know how long these kind of pedals have been around but i just stumbled upon effector 13 pedals...i want all of their pedals!! anyone have any of their pedals - how are they?

2. ?&!

?&! Member

Devi Ever (Effector 13 designer/builder) lives in Portland, so those pedals show up a lot around here. I don't know if he's associated with Effector 13 anymore, 'cuz I've been seeing pedals under the Devi Ever name lately. There is a company called Ooh La La that seems to have repackaged some of the original Effector 13 designs, and I'm not sure what the backstory behind all this is.

Anyway, to answer your question, the pedals are great. I have an E13 JP, which is pretty much just a volume knob in a stompbox, and I love it. His fuzz pedals have very useable sounds, all the way to bit-reduced noise madness. He has some crazy noise pedals that have photo-optical controls AND joysticks!!! I had one of the E13 "Peep" optical expression devices for my PS-5 Super Shifter, and I could get some wild, wild sounds. Devi pretty much has no regard for convention, and just seems to be following a muse. Highly recommended!!!

3. j_m_s

j_m_s Member

and FYI.

Devi Ever is a SHE.

4. Jack DeVille

Jack DeVille Member

I live here in portland, or. I gotta take a minute to give a shameless plug to a great music store here in town. They carry a wide assortment of Devi Ever/Effector 13 boxes.
    I searched for a website so you can order what you want from them, but to no avail. All I found was a myspace page.
    Check it out:

http://www.myspace.com/oldtownmusic

I don't work for Old Town. I thought I should pass along a good lead though!

5. ?&!

?&! Member

Awesome!!! She is definitely a recluse around here, 'cuz no one I know has ever even seen her (hence my ignorance of her gender). I watched some YouTube clips of the pedals with some dude playing them, and just assumed that was Devi. She's definitely an innovator.

6. kp8

kp8 Member

I have a couple of Devi's pedals and so does my band mate. She is very cool and makes some nice stuff. Mostly various fuzzes. As for photo resistors. They have been around a long time. I have been using them for years and years. They work on many pedals & synths that take expression or CV. I use one on my PS3, for example. I make my own and also use various other potentiometer & resistor substitutes.