• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Photo with your first guitar?

custom53

Also, had to post a picture of some friends of mine in High School.. Late '60's.. Notice the Ventures Mosrite's..

smcgov

Found this digging through photo albums today:

Christmas 1982. I was 15 years old. Peavey T-15, in all it's 19 fret glory.

And so it began...

Got a photo with your very first guitar?
That was mine too...amp was in the case!

russ

Silver Supporting Member
This is my third guitar. I had a terrible Martin electric Copy, then I bought a Telecaster when I was 13. Traded it for this SG a year later. This photo is from 1970, or 71

joelster

Silver Supporting Member

That's me on the left with my first electric guitar. A Fender Lead III. Circa 1984(?).

old skool

not my first guitar but my first ever Strat, that I bought for my 20th B-Day ............ pic is from 1982, age 21 ......... notice humbucker in bridge position :bong ........

tbradshaw

Alright...Here's my '78 LP Deluxe which was the first significant purchase I ever made with my own money. I'd had it about 2 years at this point. According to my friend in the pic we were playing Whole Lotta Love.

Here were are sitting in with some friends roughly a quarter century later. In a "the more things change the more they stay the same" moment, I'm playing Immigrant Song.

jammybastard

"I'm losing my edge, but I was there..."
1985. I'm 18, playing in a church in Ft. Collins, CO.
Doing P&W back in the old days before it was cool.
Rick 4001 bass. Badass bridge, Bartolini pups.
Amp: Peavy TNT 100.

Last edited:

Craig Walker

"Anger, fear, aggression. The Bark Side are they"
Platinum Supporting Member
Rick's were all the rage around '85. Good friend had one. Guess Geddy's influence.

neastguy

me playing LP copy ( first electric.. I think they were called "Encores" ) this was probably around 1978-79. Probably a zeppelin songbook on the floor :)

around 1980 I got this and still have it and use it :) .. first band too..

Dr. Tweedbucket

Deluxe model available !!!11
Here are a few pix of my second guitar. The first only lasted about 3 months and then I saw this brand new custom on the rack at the local guitar store! I had to have it and it's the one I kept for 15 years and really learned to play on. It was a 78 LP wine red Custom that I bought new for $550 out the door! ... came with the bulletproof case too. My brother is flippin you ppl off, did you notice that? :confused:

Craig Walker

"Anger, fear, aggression. The Bark Side are they"
Platinum Supporting Member
^ I remember a local store had a LP Silverburst I used to drool over, around '83. Seems like it was around $750. ("I'll never be able to afford that..." Lol)

Dr. Tweedbucket

Deluxe model available !!!11
^ I remember a local store had a LP Silverburst I used to drool over, around '83. Seems like it was around $750. ("I'll never be able to afford that..." Lol)

Yeah, geeze! Had we only known! I would love to have a few more mid 80s Customs with the Shaw pups.

Trending Topics