• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Photo with your first guitar?

loudboy

1967, I was 10 and this is the first night I got this Teisco. Still have it, in pieces.

Note map of western hemisphere flour dough Social Studies project and Charlie Brown sweatshirt.

Craig Walker

"Anger, fear, aggression. The Bark Side are they"
Platinum Supporting Member
Few shots of the 70s 3-color top band/white socks :dude

danelectro

Silver Supporting Member
Not me nor my guitar, just an awesome photo of a kid strumming away on a 1960 Sunburst Les Paul back in the day...

This particular guitar was well taken care of and may possibly be the most mint example of a 'burst on the planet. :eeks

tommygunn1986

Great thread! I don't think any pics exist of me with my first guitar unfortunately. I'm a young guy, 27. My first was a Harmony Strat copy given to me by a friend. I still have it. It's a 3/4 size body but full scale length. The thing was always wrecked from the day I got it. Badly dented frets, sharp ends, etc. I'd love to fix it up for nostalgia but I just don't think I can justify the cost. My first pedal was similar to that Zoom there but it didn't have a wah. My first single stompbox was that DOD Grunge. I still have that too

riefil

Not my 1st guitar, I don't have any pix, but my 1st "Decent" guitar circa 1982. Couldn't keep it in tune then nor now.

Bob Longo

1979 or 80. I was probably a freshman in high school. Ibanez LP. Wish I still had that boat anchor.

Bob Maximus

Silver Supporting Member
Silver Supporting Member
Not the first, but pretty early on...a 74 or 75 SG standard in 1983 (or so). Haze gray and underway!

Zexcoil

Vendor
Where it all started, me at 8yrs old "playing" (aka making noise with) my brothers '79 Guild S60-D which when I was 13 and serious about guitar he passed down to me along with his '79 2204 JMP and 4x12 cab, I still have all of it today. The guitar is on the wall above me in a display case in dire need of a refret and missing a hard to find roller saddle for the bridge so it's not really playable now. One day I'll get it back into action.

That was my first guitar.

I don't have a picture of it, so I'll use yours.

Actually, that was my first amp, too. Are you sure you're not me?

lawrencedesigns

Silver Supporting Member
Christmas 1964. The Guild 12 string was my second guitar. The Sears nylon acoustic next to me was my first.
Took me another year before I went electric....

Trending Topics