1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We've added some "new" guys to the moderator crew. All are longtime members that stepped up to the invite to help out by volunteering their time and effort to help the membership experience on TGP stay on the even keel. A special thank you to the 'new' guys that helping out. The new moderators are Mike Duncan, Stormin, ford, Teleplayer, and PurpleJesus A thread on the announcement is here!

Dismiss Notice

Photobucket problems, anyone else experiencing difficulties?

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by dave-o, Feb 6, 2015.

1. dave-o

dave-o Member

Today I uploaded some photos to photo bucket, they look like they are Mono chromatic or something, The colors are all off. I can see them the way they should be if I click the edit button, I tried to post some pictures here on the form and it's just a blank screen.

2. mango

mango Member

[​IMG]

no issues for me

3. dave-o

dave-o Member

That is exactly what I had Sanrico, did you get it to work?

Nice bird mango! What lenses Are you using?

4. mango

mango Member

Thanks,nothing extravagant,Canon Rebel xsi and Sigma 70-300mm.

Helps when the birds are near the feeder .:D

5. neoprimitive

neoprimitive Member

the main problem with photbucket is that it's photobucket. a long time ago it was OK and worked well when we didn't have a zillion other better alternatives. Imgur, Flickr, Picasa all make photo bucket obsolete.
    there is no good reason to be using photobucket anymore. it has a horrible interface, horrible functionality and is slower than molasses running down a. cold picket fence.

6. navin johnson

navin johnson Member

i was having trouble with them earlier this week, i forget what day it was. my library came up but none of the thumbs would load

7. dave-o

dave-o Member

It always just kind of worked for me so I stuck with it. What should I go to now, I think I'm done with them?

8. mango

mango Member

I keep hearing that,but have yet to have an issue.
    that said,all I use it for is hosting,I don't use any of the features/tools.

9. Dr. Tweedbucket

Dr. Tweedbucket Deluxe model available !!!11

Gamma Ray detection station on Mt. Kwakkleberry
    Photo bucket is the myspace of the picture world :cry:

10. cratz2

cratz2 Member

The last pic I uploaded:

[​IMG]

I did have an issue a few days ago uploading a B&W pic. Well, a glitch more than an issue. I took the shot in color, desaturated and tweaked it, uploaded it. The thumbnail still showed it in B&W but if you clicked it or tried to edit it on photobucket, it showed just fine in B&W. Just not quite sure why the preview/thumbnail was still in color.

I tried it a couple more times and it kept doing the same exact thing with that pic and two other shots so I pulled them all down. A couple days later, the exact same files worked perfectly, including the preview.