Pick 3 Rock DOUBLE STUDIO Albums that have absolutely NO "extra tracks".

Pietro

2-Voice Guitar Junkie and All-Around Awesome Guy
Another one of Peter's stupid "3" posts...

Yeah, you got it. Only 3. Rock only. Double albums. STUDIO Double albums... that have no weak tracks (like so many do, for instance, imho, "The White Album" does - you can disagree, but there are a couple on there, especially Rev #9, that I just hit skip on - ). and... 3 DIFFERENT bands (otherwise, I'd have to put Tommy on here, too).

I mean an album that you would listen to all the way through and didn't feel like you were plowing through something that they added to fill a double album (Physical Graffiti almost makes it for me, but a bunch of that album is outtakes from other LZ apps - still my favorite of theirs... but...). Albums that it didn't feel like the record company or artist just kept going and adding filler to so that they could rack up higher sales than they would otherwise (double albums used to count double in sales, remember...?)

For me. these three. You? ONLY THREE!

DewieCox

Silver Supporting Member
The Wall has a few standout tracks, but works much better a whole.

I think part of the appeal of albums like Physical Grafitti and White Album is that they include stuff that they wouldn't include on a single album. I think PG is perfect as is.

I would agree with Quadrophenia too, but I could do without the transitional tracks, like I Am The Sea.

I'll go...

The Wall
Physical Grafitti
Electric Ladyland

Pietro

"Lover's Rock"????????????? If that song wasn't on there, I'd agree with you.
I think it provides a much needed lighter moment, and I love the ending of that song so much.

Pietro

The Wall has a few standout tracks, but works much better a whole.
i think if I was more into the number 4 I might have put that on there. I really do love that album front to back.

Tiny Montgomery

Silver Supporting Member
Derek and the Dominos-LAOALS
Stones-Exile on Main Street
RHCP-Blood Sugar Sex Magic (not even Keidis could manage to eff that one up.)

stratjim

i'll have to go with

derek & the dominos - layla
dylan - blonde on blonde
the who - tommy (of course)

dirk_benedict

Silver Supporting Member
I love all three of those albums.

On the River...
I'm a Rocker and Ramrod are friggin gawdawful. Hearing some of the outtakes from those years now from the boxset, those songs are head scratchers.

Quadrophenia is perfect.

Trending Topics