• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Pickguard Beveling

FRETSMOKE

Hi -

Just received a Small bwbwb SG repro pickguard from a well respected company - the beveling doesn't seem quite " enough " - i'd prefer not to send it back - what do you guys recommend to give the bevel more " dish " if you will ? Thanks -

levelfrets

Hi -

Just received a Small bwbwb SG repro pickguard from a well respected company - the beveling doesn't seem quite " enough " - i'd prefer not to send it back - what do you guys recommend to give the bevel more " dish " if you will ? Thanks -
Sounds like you got a 45 degree angle and not the vintage correct 60 degree? If so I would send it back and look for the right bevel or see if they can do it. Doing it right yourself requires making a template, buying a bit, etc... you get the picture. totally not worth the time or effort.

Keyser Soze

What Levelfrets said.

Or, if you don't mind risking the piece, you could free hand it with a utility razor blade - hold the edge perpendicular to the bevel at the desired angle and gently scrape. Go slow, you can always remove more, but it is real tough to replace what you've already removed.