Pickup problem

Jon

Does anyobe know how to work out which is the neck & which is the bridge in a set of Gibson ceramic humbuckers? They were in my mid 90s Les Paul Classic when I bought it & I swapped them out for a set of WCRs about 4 years ago - I've just sold them on ebay - the buyer has paid for them but asked if I can mark which one is the neck and bridge respectively - I hadn't even thought about it to be honest. I haven't got them here with me but I don't recall seeing any marks on them which would indicate position (I think they're a 496R and a 500T - that's what's currently in the Classic anyway). Any help?

Montez

Does anyobe know how to work out which is the neck & which is the bridge in a set of Gibson ceramic humbuckers? They were in my mid 90s Les Paul Classic when I bought it & I swapped them out for a set of WCRs about 4 years ago - I've just sold them on ebay - the buyer has paid for them but asked if I can mark which one is the neck and bridge respectively - I hadn't even thought about it to be honest. I haven't got them here with me but I don't recall seeing any marks on them which would indicate position (I think they're a 496R and a 500T - that's what's currently in the Classic anyway). Any help?
The 496R = (rhythm) neck, 500T = (Treble) Bridge

walterw

Gold Supporting Member
the heavier one with the deeper body and wider-spaced polepieces is the 500t, which is the bridge pickup.

Jon

the heavier one with the deeper body and wider-spaced polepieces is the 500t, which is the bridge pickup.
Thanks for that - I hadn't even noticed that one was slightly deeper than the other.:BEER

Trending Topics