Pickup problem

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Jon, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Jon

Jon Member

Does anyobe know how to work out which is the neck & which is the bridge in a set of Gibson ceramic humbuckers? They were in my mid 90s Les Paul Classic when I bought it & I swapped them out for a set of WCRs about 4 years ago - I've just sold them on ebay - the buyer has paid for them but asked if I can mark which one is the neck and bridge respectively - I hadn't even thought about it to be honest. I haven't got them here with me but I don't recall seeing any marks on them which would indicate position (I think they're a 496R and a 500T - that's what's currently in the Classic anyway). Any help?

2. Montez

Montez Member

The 496R = (rhythm) neck, 500T = (Treble) Bridge

3. walterw

walterw Gold Supporting Member

the heavier one with the deeper body and wider-spaced polepieces is the 500t, which is the bridge pickup.

4. Jon

Jon Member

The problem is that neither pickup has any markings to show which is the 496 and which is the 500T

5. Jon

Jon Member

Thanks for that - I hadn't even noticed that one was slightly deeper than the other.:BEER