Pickup suggestions for HSS strat

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by mims2, Aug 18, 2008.

1. mims2

mims2 Member

I am using HSS strats right now and would like some suggestions for pickups. Right now I am using a Seymour Duncan JB and it is not as fat sounding as I would like. It seems a little sharp sounding to me. Can anyone suggest an HSS combo that will cover a wide range? Thanks!

2. Jack Dotson

Jack Dotson Supporting Member

I've got a MIM Lonestar strat that has two Texas Special SC's and a Duncan Pearly Gates + HB in the bridge and this is one hot guitar. One of the best sounding strat's I've ever owned. Perfect for blues and rock.

3. matt5150

matt5150 Either U Know Or U Don't Supporting Member

4. macmax77

macmax77 Supporting Member

5. lukeII

lukeII Supporting Member

Tyler secret humbucker for great PAF tones out of a strat body and you might not believe this but Dimarzio Virtual Vintage V2 for the middle and neck (great 60's vibe). I have these in a Tyler classic and it is my favorite guitar.

6. 89strat

89strat Member

My strat has a dimarzio area 61 in the neck, area 58 in the middle, and a paf pro in the bridge. 250K volume pot, 250k tone pot for the neck pickup, 1 meg tone pot for the humbucker, and the middle pickup with no tone pot. Best setup I've tried so far. The humbucker still sounds like a strat, it's bright, but not as bright as the JB and doesn't overpower the single coils. Splits well also. I'm very satisfied.

7. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Senior Member

8. macmax77

macmax77 Supporting Member

don't listen to em

Tom Anderson :D