pickup suggestions for my PRS SE Singlecut

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Lution, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Lution

Lution Member

I like the pickups fine... and I love the pots and switch. I keep hearing bad about them, but they do a good job, clean up well, and have good tone range.

The pickups I think could be improved some. I really liked the Burstbucker Pros in my LP Standard Faded. I liked how aggressive they were, but still sounded fairly sweet when clean.

Any other suggestions?

2. MetalHeadd

MetalHeadd Member

I'm always a fan of the seymour duncan JB/alnico II pro combo. I have this in my les paul and it just sings.

I've also heard great things recently about BG pickups. http://www.bg-pups.com/

3. Darth Tater

Darth Tater Supporting Member

I love the DiMarzio Virtual PAF's if you're looking for a classic PAF sound..and those have been replaced by the 36th Anniversary PAF's which are said to be even that much better!!

If you want more modern, I found the AirZone to be my favorite bridge pickup for the SE's. Just the right amount of everything and does not get bogged down by the mahogany. An AirZone/AirClassic combo should be killer if you want a little more of a modern sound over the PAF's.

And I didn't realize how bad the stock 'PRS designed' pickups and pots were until I replaced them :)

4. CaseyI

CaseyI Member

I put Seymour Duncan JB in the bridge and '59 in the neck. Huge improvement. I thought the stock pickups sounded like poo.

5. Lution

Lution Member

thanks for the suggestions. anyone else put something else in their SE?