Pickup system for Martin OO-18.

Discussion in 'Acoustic Instruments' started by 9fingers, Sep 17, 2008.

1. 9fingers

9fingers Supporting Member

My duo partner just got a very articulate Martin OO-18. We are looking at pickup systems for it - Prefer a single source pickup that is not an under saddle piezo strip (unless you have one that really sounds great). It could be a soundhole or an internal pup. Need to access controls in soundhole (will not cut or drill big holes in the guitar). The only non-reversable mod could be an endpin jack. Willing to use and outboard preamp/EQ if necessary. What do you think?

2. JJK

JJK Member

I have a Martin Thinline Gold Plus in my Taylor DN4 and it really sounds great. I'd really recommend it. Everyone is going to have a different opinion on what they think is the best though...

3. 9fingers

Gracias, anyone else?

4. matacus

matacus Supporting Member

K&K Pure Western Mini. I've got one in my Taylor 314 and love it. I run it through a fishman pro EQ II, then to the board and I couldn't be happier.

5. 9fingers

The K&K keeps popping up- must be something good there!

6. 1973Marshall

1973Marshall Member

I just got the new B Band pups on my Gibson and I am very impressed. WArmer than a piezo and less feedback too

7. johneeeveee

johneeeveee Member

I'd recommend the K&K Pure Western Mini, with a vintage jack so you don't have to mod the guitar at all.
    Good luck - jv

8. kebotrans

kebotrans Gold Supporting Member

L.R. Baggs Dual Source with the small tone and volume in the soundhole. This is a great set up and require hardly any disruption to your guitar. :AOK

9. Magnustveiten

Magnustveiten Member

The B-band is very good indeed!!!I have played several gigs with B-band and the soundguys are always happy:AOK