Pickup Truck Mystery

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by phoenix 7, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Totally Bored

Totally Bored Member

2. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Member

I got a minivan too. 2003 Grand Caravan with the 3.8. 300k plus miles, still runs like a bat out of hell.

Mike Lenning likes this.
  3. Mike Lenning

Mike Lenning Supporting Member

Are you one of the middle aged guys that used to have cool stuff but now your strapping 3 young kids in the back and just look like you hate yourself a little bit? Haha

Floyd Eye likes this.
  4. wetordry

wetordry Member

Profiling based on vehicle, its great!

5. Minte

Minte *except for a few minor scratches* Gold Supporting Member

It's a new day..the pickup is loaded..chainsaw, bar oil, tools, wedges, chains. Out to the woods to cleanup downed trees.

Floyd Eye likes this.
  6. T Dizz

T Dizz Member

I have a topper on the F150, so you can't see what I got in there:aok

7. guitararmy

guitararmy Member

In my neck of the woods, folks drive around with their ATV's in the back of their pickup trucks. It seems like it wouldn't be that hard to steal them.

8. Yam the BOMB

Yam the BOMB Silver Supporting Member

I once saw a fire extinguisher but there was no fire anywhere. I thought what a freakin waste!

shane8, specs, Floyd Eye and 2 others like this.
  9. 84superchamp

84superchamp Silver Supporting Member

I think someone used confusing terminology, ie bed = flatbed. Flatbeds are rare but i've got one, 1973 Ford with 390 CI & granny gears...not an everyday driver.

10. Vintage_

Vintage_ Member

I've had pickups as either a primary or usually secondary vehicle for the last ~20yrs or so. First an f150 then a Tacoma and now an f250(with big tires etc/other car's an m3). Even though my hair is short these days I pretty much fall in to the category of hippie/deadhead lol. There are some dbag truck owners for sure--but I've had like 4-5 totally surreal run-ins with Prius owners in recent years that have left me scratching my head. The last one I was backing into a space(which I've done a zillion times/and nailed it perfectly) and the guy jumped out of his car midway thru me parking and was already screaming/frothing at the mouth because in his opinion I 'almost' hit his car(doesn't that define pretty much every parking job in a shopping ctr lot when there's like 20" between cars on each side??). I just laughed at the guy and walked away but for the record I was dead center in that spot and our doors were as close as every other vehicle in the huge parking lot. Dude was literally jumping out of his skin with rage and getting right in my face for Zero reason.

*Still looked at several Prius before I got my older daughter her first car.

:)

11. amigo30

amigo30 Member

Yeah, sometimes I go to work or do other things. :cool:

12. amigo30

amigo30 Member

This thread is hilarious.

You know when somebody does something REALLY stupid in traffic and almost kills you, so you honk at them? Then they flip YOU off, despite them being the moron?

This thread shows the same basic tenets of human nature.

Mike Lenning likes this.
  13. ShredSquatch

ShredSquatch Conspiracy Experience Director & Stunt Guitarist

I like it when friends keep them open so we can partaaaaaayyy!

[​IMG]

~ss

14. Mike Lenning

Mike Lenning Supporting Member

Kind've like the lady that turned in front of me as I was making a U-turn the other day despite the fact that I had a green light, she had a red light and she missed not 1 but 2 signs about yielding to U-turn. She had to wave her hands at me like I was the idiot...she wouldn't catch up to me though, that would've been fun, haha.

15. Slash

Slash Supporting Member

*FREEDOM*

It's great that we can buy and drive any vehicle we choose. If someone wants to go electric or tiny commuter car god bless. If someone else wants a giant 4x4 god bless. If another wants a high performance 1000hp car god bless.

Laurence and specs like this.
  16. Funky54

Funky54 Member

I drive a Ford F-150. I’m 6’5” 245 lbs. my legs are a 38” inseam. I am very uncomfortable in most cars. I’ve had two back surgeries and neither went well. Getting out of a car is hard on my knees. Now if I only drove in a car 10-30 miles a day or only got in and out 3-4 times a day I’d probably be ok in a car or maybe an SUV.

I drive on average 180 miles per day and get in and out of a vehicle at least a dozen times a day. An f-150 is just about the most comfortable vehicle Ive ever owned. It’s quieter than most of the vehicles I’ve owned.

It fits an image. I sell to Luxury Custom Home Builders and their clients. A Truck works. I pull into a lot of sugar sand and drive back long lanes of in-progress streets, driveways and roads.

At work sometimes I’ll haul boxes of wire, Racks, TV’s any number of items.

I haul mulch, My motorcycle, lumber and landscape items for my own personal use at home. I built a 10 x 16 shed. Trucks are handy.

A truck is the right solution for me.

Laurence and Vintage_ like this.
  17. Stike

Stike Member

I'm 49 and daily a Toyota Sienna, one kid is off at college and the other has his own car (93 S10 actually) but I haul two smelly hound dogs to work with me everyday. I still have my 71 240Z though. I think I look more like I hate other drivers a little bit though, especially the douche canoe in a big Nissan Frontier that almost sideswiped me the other day by tailgating and passing me on the right as I was trying to merge into a right turn only lane to get in my neighborhood. Asshole had to swerve to get back in the lane he was originally in and gave me a serious stink eye while his wife was mouthing something to me as they passed.

Mike Lenning likes this.
  18. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Member

Nope. My daughter is 28 ( currently she has possession of my van because she likes Jeeps, therefore her cars seldom run), but the first thing I did when I got the van was pull all the rear seats out and sell them on Craigslist. I can put 13 sheets of 1/2” plywood in that van and still close the hatch. I can also get my full SVT/810 rig, my full PA rig and my guitar players half stack in there.

19. Funky54

Funky54 Member

Does the radio only play banjo music?

20. Funky54

Funky54 Member

I ran a few FE big blocks at one time in my 70 Mach1. They are just cool motors.