Pickup wiring help with Carvin Bolt H/S/S

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by pepi, Feb 3, 2012.

1. pepi

pepi Member

How could one replace the toggle switch on this Bolt to make it not only split the coils on the humbucker but also in another position make the bridge 'south' and neck pick active? I'm thinking maybe a on-on-on toggle switch

[​IMG]

2. Brazen

Brazen Member

Use a super switch.

EDIT: I think it'll work I'm not sure.

3. pepi

pepi Member

Yep, I know a super switch will work but I was hoping it could be done without change the main switch and using on toggle switch.

4. robertkoa

robertkoa Member

I think you can do it with a three way mini toggle- one position both coils on, another one north coil, another one south coil-

I suggest UP = Humbucker// CENTER= Coil further from bridge// DOWN=coil closest to Bridge

Have a Tech do it that's what I used to do- or maybe email Carvin for a diagram.

The mini toggle looks just like the mini on there now but has 3 positions instead of 2.

5. pepi

pepi Member

That's what I'm hunting for. I can't believe nobody has done something like this and posted a schematic on the web :huh I just can't seem to see in my mind how to do this with a diagram

6. Brazen

Brazen Member

I got a super switch for my Carvin Bolt and found a diagram so I'll have tone control on all three pups. In my search there's lots of diagrams, especially in Google images.

7. robertkoa

robertkoa Member

I've always used a Tech for this stuff so have no idea but there's a way to do it. Not that hard.