• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

pickups suggestions for prs se standard 24

voodoo12

Hi
What pups you recommend for my prs se standard.
I play covers of zz top, acdc, led zeppelin, van halen ...
thank you

snow and steel

Silver Supporting Member
Those SE pickups aren't that bad actually. If you really wanted something "better", my go-to for that kind of stuff would either be Seymour Duncan '59's or DiMarzio 36th anniversary pickups. If you want something hotter than vintage, than the Seymour Duncan Distortion is really good too.

snow and steel

Silver Supporting Member
59 is a little more boomy and gets muddy under distortion. The jazz is very clear and articulate. All depends on what you want to do.
in the neck this true, but not the bridge. Basically, the 59 has more bass in the neck and under too much distortion you get a "woman tone" which can be cool if you want that, but if you don't want it you might be stuck with it [or have to back down the gain]. The 59 set is great for blues and classic rock stuff. changing in the jazz neck is a great idea for higher gain. The JB in the bridge is quite a bit hotter, so getting low gain tones can be a little harder because the pup is naturally so hot. Personally I prefer the distortion to the JB in the "hot" arena.

aussie_owner

Gold Supporting Member
I have a set of SD 59's in my PRS SE Singlecut Korina. (The set is called Vintage Blues). I mainly play blues/classic rock, and don't really use a lot of effects, and not a lot of gain. I love clean tones, with a little grit, and the 59's do that very well.

Trending Topics