pics of my little studio

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by PUMAMAN, Mar 25, 2005.

1. PUMAMAN

PUMAMAN Member

Posted this on the Thorn board, but since I'm so proud of it, I'll share it with you guys too.

After much tweaking my little studio is ready to be shown. So here it is, built in the back 1/2 of our downstairs family room. No windows available with this plan, so I put in a double pane glass door that allows me full view of the rest of the family room while looking across I can see outside though the family room window.
    I am so happy with the way this has turned out. At first a 9x14 space seemed like it would just be to small. But now that it's about done, I really dig it. Had to build the workstation and storage box myself in order to keep them only as deep as needed while preserving as much of the 9 feet as possible.
    So with a room so small, miking would be pretty tough. The solution ( which works just fine for me thank you) Palmer box in line from the Shiva direct to the Korg D1600. Oh and that box to the left of the Korg, thats my new "band" . Boss DR880,
    Man I just got this and I can't express enough how cool this is for a guy like me. Best gear purchase I have made maybe ever except #68 of course Such a simple set-up for the quality of recordings I can get it's silly.
    The drums are my son Kyles. Seems they only work at a bizillion miles an hour right now, if you know what I mean.
    Thats a Thorn safe btw no guns in there.
    So there you have it, this is what I do. No pressure, no expectations, no smoke, no breaking down or setting up, no conflicts. Just pure relaxation. Ahhhhh. I freakin love it.

Kevin

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Drag about the spots in my pics. Seems as if there is minute particles in the air, probably from the carpet on the walls, that really get set off by the flash.>: Oh well.

2. LSchefman

LSchefman Supporting Member

That looks great, Puma!

Seriously! Nice decorating job, too.

3. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

Awesome, really. As noted on the Thorn page - I like the Gun Safe. :D Keeps visitors honest. :D

4. Tom CT

Tom CT Old Supporting Member Gold Supporting Member

I thought it was a guitar safe - really. Good protection in case of fire as well as theft.

5. Bluedawg

Bluedawg Member

Those spots are probably spectral ORBs. The life energy of those who have passed on to the next life. Is you house haunted? :D

Cool studio. That safe looks like it could hold some nice stuff.

:)

6. PUMAMAN

PUMAMAN Member

Hmmm Spectral ORB's eh? Maybe my playing has connected with the other side.:eek:

The safe while not the best protection in a fire definitly "keeps visitors honest" as you say Scott
    A really nice investment for $800 . Will hold 3-4 guitars and a gun or two if ya wish. ;)

Kevin

7. gururyan

gururyan Member

That is perfect.
    I must do that.
    I want a room like that,...that I can LOCK and keep hands-on looky-loos away from the goods.

Very simple, very nice.

8. aleclee

aleclee TGP Tech Wrangler Staff Member

Very nice, Kevin! :AOK Nothing like a soundproof room to ensure domestic tranquility. :D

9. Jemlite

Jemlite Member

How did you secure the carpet on the walls? Any adhesive, or just nailed off?

10. PUMAMAN

PUMAMAN Member

Just roofing nails along the top and bottom. Easily removed.

Kevin

11. dcooper

dcooper Member

12. OneMileWish

OneMileWish Guest

Hey that's a great little room you have there! I'd love to have something like that...

13. amstaf

amstaf Guest

Bogner, really nice