• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Pics of Suhr carve top and Megas Apollo Archtop

gordie

A friend took some pics of two of my guitars, a Suhr carve top and a Megas Apollo archtop.

The Suhr is a one piece chambered mahogany body, quilt maple top, scraped binding, birdseye maple mild V shape, african rosewood board with abalone inlays. Two V60LP and a JST Bucker, 1055 Gotoh bridge.

The Megas is the Apollo model, although this one is made without any binding. It has a spruce top and flame maple neck, back and sides, Seymour Duncan Johnny Smith pickup, ebony board and trim, and the neck cap and headstock are burl maple.

I put a couple pics in this post, but there's more at this link:

http://www.realside.com/WebGallery/GordieGuitars

-- Gordie

cSuttle

I didn't even know Suhr made carved top. Hmmm . . . learn something new everyday. Thanks for sharing. They look really nice. And, welcome to the forum.

gordie

Hey Cliff

Thanks for the welcome.

Suhr makes seriously sweet carve tops - and has a few variations: solid mahogany, or mahog with maple cap (like mine), other woods with a maple cap, chambered, not chambered. They even do a single cats eye or f hole (on a flat top as well, actually). They did a carve with a spruce top once too.

There was a 2003 limited edition with quilt on mahogany with an f hole, mahog neck and two Suhr humbuckers, awesome guitar!

I don't know Ronnie J though...

-- Gordie

renico00

For some reason, that first guitar screams, "Money for nothin' and your chicks for free!" Definitely cool.

Jeff

KHK

Gold Supporting Member
Originally posted by gordie

The Megas is the Apollo model, although this one is made without any binding. It has a spruce top and flame maple neck, back and sides, Seymour Duncan Johnny Smith pickup, ebony board and trim, and the neck cap and headstock are burl maple.

Good to have you here.

Can't ignore the archtop. Very nice looking instrument...has an old violinish type of vibe...very classy. What styles of music do you play?

Tim

Gold Supporting Member
I just posted about thr Suhr over at the forum... 2 classy guitars there man!! i love my carve top too!

Reeek

Damn, John. That is one of the most provacative and classiest looking guitars I have ever seen.

How long is the build time on a guitar like that? I need one now :eek:

Quinny

Lovely Suhrs guys... very nice and, as stated, classy.

That archtop though.... man, there's something about a guitar like that which just makes me want one so bad. I've been craving something like that for a while now.... but pretty sure I wouldn't know what the hell to play on it if I did get one. :D Is such a beast a jazz box solely? Something like that makes me live in fear of finding out just how bad a player I actually am. Still want one, though... hee hee...

Q.

gordie

I use the Suhr as a rock/blues box, but it can jazz out too, and a great fusion guitar. I mostly play rock and blues stuff on it, but I could use it for anything.

The Megas ranges from straight up jazz to acoustic rock type stuff - archtops sound a lot different than flattops, but this one rings a lot, not stiff like the old style archtops were back in the day, so you can play the Rain Song on it acoustically and it works. I use it primarily for jazz.

I have the Suhr set up with .10s and the Megas has .13s (wound g), so that makes a big difference on how they feel and what I use them for.

Here's a clip with the Suhr: Slow whirly song

I don't typically play that style, we were just messing around a bit one night and never actually finished that song, but I really love how that guitar sounds and the clip shows off the guitar's tone.

I need to update my clip collection, I have some other clips on different guitars which are rock and electronic type stuff, but I need to get some blues and jazz clips playing with a band.

OK, here's another I found which is the Suhr 2004 LE (alder/maple chambered standard body, 2 V60LPs and DSV, maple/indian rosewood neck). Guitar comes in partway through and solo with a clean tone about 2/3 way through.

Hello, I am addicted to too much bass in the mix

tonefreak

Originally posted by alexkhan
Right now, the lead-time on our guitars is around 4 months. It used to be around 3 months but the orders keep coming in at a far faster rate than what we could realistically produce. We may have to stop taking orders for a while so our production could catch up somewhat.
A nice 'problem' to have! :D

I only play Suhr 'Strat-types' and 'Tele-types'... excellent tone and feel!

Plus Ed and John are some of the nicest people you will come across!

fatback

That Megas looks wonderful!

Fellow forumite Arriba is very excited to be getting his Megas by the end of the year. I hear that Ted's prices and waiting list both keep expanding.

Congratiolations on the beautiful Megas Apollo. Every detail on your guitar looks perfect.
My Megas Athena will be finished in December . The wait kills me!

gordie

Take heart, the guitars are all worth the wait :D

December is just around the corner...

Post some pics when you get it, Athenas are awesome too (don't ask me how I know) :eek:

shoe

Originally posted by Tim
Well... I post it to death... but I love mine.... the best guitars I ever had!

More pics here
http://www.guitars.net.au/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core:ShowItem&g2_itemId=46

Anyone who is desperate should check out Overland express
http://www.overlandexpress.com/

they have some sweet Suhrss at the moment including a Carved Arched top....
http://www.gbase.com/Stores/Gear/GearDetails.aspx?Item=811769
Hey Tim!

Glad you still love that guitar. Last night I finally pulled the trigger on the sequel to that wonderful guitar......it'll be the amalgamation of all the Suhr's I've owned (and currently own) and I just can't wait.

The wait begins......:eek:

Tim

Gold Supporting Member
Hi Pete,

How's it going man?! Make sure you send me some pics when she arrives!!

Not ordered my next Suhr yet..... need a set neck and then it is another Suhr after that!

Trending Topics