• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Picture wah vs Clyde?

thesjkexperienc

^^^ I made this guitar^^^
Anyone compare the two and can verbalize the difference? I have a picture and it is supposed to be a clone of the '67 wah, but I thought I read that the Clyde was closer to the wah Hendrix used in '68 or '69 and is fuller sounding than the earlier models.

Mr. Limbic

I have a clyde deluxe, its got 3 different wah voicings and a super deep low end, I can definitly score some hendrix tone from it...I want to hear a teese though

thesjkexperienc

^^^ I made this guitar^^^
I have the Picture, but I really like my Wheels of Fire far more. I was wondering if it would be worthwhile to see if the Clyde is more of what I am looking for verses the Picture.

pmtrub

I haven't put it up against a Picture wah, but the Clyde deluxe beats out all the others I've tried. Very happy with it.

JLee

Gold Supporting Member
The regular Clyde can be dialed in to sound similar to the Picture via the internal trim pot. The spot where my old Clyde was dialed in, there was more midrange and top end, but less bass than the Picture. Regardless of trim setting, the Picture still has a bit more growl and a touch more kick. I prefer the WOF over either the Picture or Clyde.

Trending Topics