• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Pictures from the Allman Bros & Friends, 3/24 (Landreth, Gibbons, Popper)

wrxplayer

Gold Supporting Member
It's real late but I wanted to post these. Special guests tonight were Billy Gibbons, Sonny Landreth, John Popper, and (I think) Brown-eyed Joe. Popper was the coolest of the bunch, IMO. In any event, a wonderful show.

TwoTubMan

Amazing, and thanks for the pictures. Was there any evidence of the show being professionally filmed (he hopes...)?

Edit> Were Derek and Warren wearing fakes beards in that one pic???

Alpedra

Hey.. There´s a Dumble in the background. Sorry.. couldn´t resist. After all, this is the TGP, right?

:D :D :D :D

wrxplayer

Gold Supporting Member
Amazing, and thanks for the pictures. Was there any evidence of the show being professionally filmed (he hopes...)?

Yes and yes. As for the Marshall, I think that was there for "Brown-Eyed Joe" (I'm still not sure I got his name right). Landreth used the Dumble and there was a Crate on Warren's side that I'm guessing was for Gibbons (he started the second set in the dark so I couldn't see what he plugged into but I know he does use Crates from time to time).

Goldstrat

Wow that must have been a fun concert. One of my friends called me yesterday and said he saw them at the Beacon and Los Lobos and Johnny Winter both played with them. The rumour is that Dickie will make a gueat appearance.

WILLIEKENDRICK

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks for posting. The fake beards RULE. Thanks especially for the shot of Sonny Landreth playing his Dumble--very freakin' cool! :)

Guitar55

Who was that masked man?
Gold Supporting Member

All the shows have been filmed and are available to be viewed both live and on-demand at Butch Trucks' website, moogis.com for a subscription price of $125.

And no, they grew those beards overnight just for Billy! :)

JCM 800

Thanks for sharing! But calling Popper the coolest of the bunch? It's pretty hard to top Billy G in the cool department. :)

wrxplayer

Gold Supporting Member
About the beards, it was pretty clear that they were happy that the first song of the second set (the one ZZ Top tune, not a big hit, slow blues, don't remember its name) was over so they could pull them off. You couldn't see it but even the three drummers were bearded for the tune.

dangerine49

About the beards, it was pretty clear that they were happy that the first song of the second set (the one ZZ Top tune, not a big hit, slow blues, don't remember its name) was over so they could pull them off. You couldn't see it but even the three drummers were bearded for the tune.
They opened the 2nd set with Jesus Left Chicago. It was killer.

P.S. Steady Rollin' Bob Margolin was the first guest and he smoked!!

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/cellar/38324-allman-brothers-joined-billy-gibbons-others-beacon-3-24-09-a.html

wrxplayer

Gold Supporting Member
Thanks for sharing! But calling Popper the coolest of the bunch? It's pretty hard to top Billy G in the cool department. :)
Gibbons sweats cool. But from a playing standpoint, he didn't bring his "A" game Tuesday night. Popper looked like it was his last gig.

mattwasserman

I thought that Billy was playing the Marshall and Bob was playing the BF Fender behind Warren? Sonny was barely audible despite his Dumble and Soldano, especially on his harmonics. Not sure if it was a mixing issue or what but I don't think he really played well.
Those beards were the shite, I think the whole band was ZZ Topped for Jesus Just Left Chicago. It was especially entertaining watching Oteil, he looked like he was having a great time.

Trending Topics