Pictures inside the Fender Mustang iii

Toneseeker361

I just thought I would save some of you the trouble......
Notice on this one, the speaker gasket stayed stuck to the cab. I guess it as put on when the paint was still wet....
And also, the cleat on the right, unlike the left, came unstapled, and was stuck to the bottom wood panel...

Here is a close up....Duuuhhhhh

This is what is directly under the screen and knob..

Hope you enjoyed, thanks!!!

mpr

Thanks. Are there more photos, maybe hi-res? A nice iFixit-style teardown would be interesting, chip types and all.

Did you try to find the cause of the fizz problem? :)

Toneseeker361

Thanks. Are there more photos, maybe hi-res? A nice iFixit-style teardown would be interesting, chip types and all.

Did you try to find the cause of the fizz problem? :)
no fizz problem, I dunno jack about these modelers, just good old fashoned curiosity....
I wonered how in the the heck they got 100 watts to come out of about 5 lbs. of amplifier????

MKB

Silver Supporting Member
I wonered how in the the heck they got 100 watts to come out of about 5 lbs. of amplifier????
Note the distinct lack of a large power transformer; this unit uses switching power supplies and also has a Class D or H (or something like that) power amp. These newer technologies are much more efficient than the old style linear power supplies and class AB amps, thus less weight.

Most likely all solid state gear is going in this direction.

Gasp100

Supporting Member
I had the same problem with my speaker being stuck in the Mustang and an AC15HW1. I think they like to glue speakers into place in China / Vietnam or something...

levous

I think pretty much everyone agrees that the best way to keep the fizz down on these amps is by keeping them turned off. Preferably out of sight.
Lol. I've also read that dropping it off the back of a speeding pickup truck will cure its fizz problems.

Sorry, couldn't resist :)

NortheastHick

Supporting Member
Oh btw, when you say "wood panel" i think you are confusing "wood" with sawdustgluecompositepanel.

lspaulsp

Silver Supporting Member
At least they don't have to be worried about being raided by the government. (US that is.)

That's as sexy as Woopie Winfrey!

paulg

Silver Supporting Member
The coils in the amp section are a tip off that it's a Class D amp. Class D is very efficient so the power trans is small. The Mustangs as well as other modeling amps benefit from using modern computer tech. They can be made fast and cheap. Chinese labor helps!

Trending Topics