Piezo in my Equator ?

RebbeNachman

So my EI Standard is approaching its finishing rounds and I was wondering what the oylam thought of putting a piezo in to my Equator along with the lollars that I got (low/standard wind for neck/bridge respectively ).

I feel like the piezo would do good things (especially mixed with the HBs as far as bringing out the wild acoustic tones of this guitar.

What ya think?

Pietro

2-Voice Guitar Junkie and All-Around Awesome Guy
I have had piezos in all my electric guitars for about 9 or 10 years now and love it.

I will say I think you HAVE to process the acoustic side independently to get the most out of it, so I think stereo output is a must.

Route234

Im with Pietro on this. I also like mixing the two sounds, you can get some cool clean tones like that.

Qmax

I'd say go for it! I love the cleans on my Mini and the acoustics on it. Now how do you go about the mod?

Pietro

What do you mean process the acoustic side independently.
Look at the article in my signature if you have time.

What I mean is that the piezo goes through processing (in my case an acoustic preamp) separately from the electric pickups, which just go through a norm electric rig. "two voice" or "stereo" depending on how you look at it.

I layer them a lot, too.

I can't live without both at the same time anymore. Love it.

RebbeNachman

Look at the article in my signature if you have time.

What I mean is that the piezo goes through processing (in my case an acoustic preamp) separately from the electric pickups, which just go through a norm electric rig. "two voice" or "stereo" depending on how you look at it.

I layer them a lot, too.

I can't live without both at the same time anymore. Love it.
DiPietro,

what kind of system do you send the signal through?
is there a mono signal as well?
mono through the amp and stereo through the PA?
both through a stereo amp system?

thanks brother

Pietro

DiPietro,

what kind of system do you send the signal through?
is there a mono signal as well?
mono through the amp and stereo through the PA?
both through a stereo amp system?

thanks brother
I go through the PA direct (at my church that's a really nice brand new EV-based system), and I monitor with either a small floor wedge or (more likely) IEMs. Our PA is mono, my signal has always been mono, too, since I'm not the only instrument happening up there.

I have made some awesome truly "stereo" tones. They are great fun, but not practical in my particular application normally and when I record (which I do a lot) I record real acoustic with a microphone 99% of the time, and love to layer lots of electric guitars.

Trending Topics