Pigtronix Disnortion

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by notagain123, Aug 3, 2006.

1. notagain123

notagain123 Member

saw a video demo of it on youtube, sounds and looks quite good...

Wondering if anyone has tried it yet and any comments?

....intrigued I am:crazy

2. woude

woude Member

Sounds really nice indeed. I would like to try one someday. I especially like the different fuzz flavours, just perfect like that!

3. Marcocet

Marcocet Member

We've had one of the prototypes at studio G for a while now and it's awesome. None of the settings go too far out on any limbs as far as I can tell, but they all seem to sound perfect no matter where you put the knobs. Personally I'm a big fan of guitar tones that sound broken in some way or another but both the pigtronix pedals that are out have seriously impressed me in a totally different way. I've been trying to reogranize my pedalboard to fit them both on for a while (they're huge), but my cashflow has been kinda light so I haven't really been able to pick them up anyway.

David also brought the prototype of the new Echolution over the other day and I couldn't believe it. It's going to blow people's minds. I'm already putting aside a few bucks per week so I can get one as soon as they're available.

-marc
    studio G brooklyn

4. notagain123

notagain123 Member

I can hardly wait to try it out..

Surprisingly not many have tried it yet:mad:

5. popinvasion

popinvasion Member

what an awful demo. I did not hear a single chord. Not an ounce of showing how the pedal cleans up with your volume knob. No use of differenct pickup selections, etc. also What in the hell is a coupe 72? I mean if you name an obscure amp you should at least tell us what ballpark tonally the amp is. lastly he did a bad job tweaking it, I didnt hear anything other than slight od, slight fuzz, and slight octave. It was like he would just flip through it real quick, wank, and repeat. I still cant tell if this pedal is **** or the ****???????:jo

6. carltonh

carltonh Member

I agree that the video demo is quite useless and uninformative, but the sound samples on the website sound pretty good.

Still, since about everyone already has an overdrive they like, I think this ends up competing against pedals like the Fulltone Ultimate Octive and the HBE UFO. I'm not sure how it compares there.

Though the idea of parallel overdrive and fuzz sounds interesting. Could this be done on a standard pedal board? What would it take, two A/B/Y boxes? One to split and one in reverse to combine signals?

7. b_rad

b_rad Member

The Disnortion is a very handy, nice sounding pedal. The video demo doesn't do it justice at all.

8. retro

retro Member

9. bluescube

bluescube Supporting Member

Nice sounding pedal. Any other users out there to chime in?

10. bluescube

bluescube Supporting Member

I don't have a dealer near me and I just realized that the fuzz and od are in parallel. So the od doesn't boost the fuzz, but you get both at the same time fed with a clean signal. Hmmm.

11. carltonh

carltonh Member

I just got to play one of these at the Dallas Guitar Show and it was so much more impressive than I expected. It could get every useful tone that I was able to get out of a Gain Stage Red, a Mad Professor Little Green Wonder, and the EH Metal Muff. Yes that is quite an extreme set, and didn't even include the octave sounds.