Pigtronix Echolution 2 Deluxe

PlexiFuzz

I know karate. Voodoo, too.
Hey guys, I am new to this forum! My Pigtronix Echolution 2 deluxe with remote switch is on the way, will be there in less than 10 days and I just can't wait to try it. I see most of you really really love it and that makes me even more excited. Thank you for all your posts, I've seen the most of them and they helped me 'pull the trigger' on this one.

My question is: What regular non-pigtronix's expression pedals work flawlessly with this delay unit? How about Boss EV-30? Line 6 expression EX-1?
Maybe some other alternatives? Pigtronix's products are not available in my country. And I couldn't find any info in manual or you tube demos of this pedal , except that you need to use 'low impedance foot controller'. It would be great if you could help me out.

Cheers ,enjoy delaying :)
I use the Moog EP-3. Cheap, and it works great.

heivanushi

I've had no issues with Boss EV-5.
Both of these worked fine with my E2D:

Ernie Ball 25k Junior using a 1/4" TRS>2TS (send and receive) patch cable.

Dunlop DVP-3 using a 1/4" TRS>TRS patch cable.
I use the Moog EP-3. Cheap, and it works great.
This is what I use as well
Thank you all guys!

I have a question about Boss EV-5? Does it feel cheap? I looks like I will break it in a few seconds of 'expressing'. And it's cable, how reliable is it?
If it works fell, it is a nice, cheap option.

S. S. Bender

Thank you all guys!

I have a question about Boss EV-5? Does it feel cheap? I looks like I will break it in a few seconds of 'expressing'. And it's cable, how reliable is it?
I didn't have good luck with the Boss EV-5. Mine stopped working after a year of moderate use.

I don't think it's been mentioned in this thread yet, but I strongly advise that you stay away from the Line6 EX-1. I went through three of those in a year in which I played approximately one-hundred gigs. They're junk, and a complete waste of money.

Last edited:

jquanmusic

Hey guys, I am new to this forum! My Pigtronix Echolution 2 deluxe with remote switch is on the way, will be there in less than 10 days and I just can't wait to try it. I see most of you really really love it and that makes me even more excited. Thank you for all your posts, I've seen the most of them and they helped me 'pull the trigger' on this one.

My question is: What regular non-pigtronix's expression pedals work flawlessly with this delay unit? How about Boss EV-30? Line 6 expression EX-1?
Maybe some other alternatives? Pigtronix's products are not available in my country. And I couldn't find any info in manual or you tube demos of this pedal , except that you need to use 'low impedance foot controller'. It would be great if you could help me out.

Cheers ,enjoy delaying :)
The Source Audio Reflex works flawlessly with every pedal. It should be the last expression pedal you ever need to buy. I love mine. It is capable of so much more than your traditional expression pedal. It can control 3 analog pedals (of multiple resistances), 3 Midi pedals, all with either treadle or LFO (with multiple wave forms), and did I mention presets. Killer piece of gear.

Dandy13

Thank you all guys!

I've never had an issue but I don't think I've ever gigged it. I've had it so long I don't remember when I got it

heivanushi

Hey guys. It's finally here! Can't wait to try it with an expression pedal. But even without it, this thing is capable of anything. Very promising and deep sounds, even the factory presets are interesting.
My question is, what is the last firmware update for the pedal? I've manually updated it (it didn't work automatically), and now it is written
COM3 v.107? Is that the last one? Do you recommend me to do anything else firmware update vise? :)

SO far, so good, and thank you for help. You made me even consider this pedal :D

heivanushi

Hey guys. After playing for a while with this pedal, I begin noticing some weird things. I don't know if it has to be like this..but I always hear repeats of my tap tempo (repeats of a click). Also with engage switch. And yeah, every click on a button in mod/filter section gets repeated and can be heard. If I, for example, accidentally step on a pedal while turning it on (if my shoe touches the chasing of this pedal), it also gets heard and eventually repeated. What's wrong?

JinX78

Hello Everyone,

I apologize to anyone who has had difficulty reaching Pigtronix for customer service. We answer all emails and phone calls every day, but I fear that some folks may have been emailing artes@pigtronix.com for service and not getting a response. This email now forwards to me directly.

Pigtronix (EST. 2004) remains committed to supporting all of the musicians who have purchased our products. If you need help with any Pigtronix pedal CALL US at 631-331-PIGS or please email: service@pigtronix.com or one of our techs directly at: miket@pigtronix.com or brett@pigtronix.com

The application for all four versions of the Echolution 2 pedal (Basic / Deluxe / Filter PRO / Ultra PRO) was created using the software known as XOJO. XOJO has still not been updated to support Windows 10. :mad: As soon as the developer gets this done, I can have the app updated. Apparently progress is being made. We are monitoring this and will act as soon as it is an option. I understand that this unexpected frustrating to Windows 10 users and we remain committed to resolving it. Currently the E2 app works on all previous versions of Windows and current Mac OSX. Also, all features are tweak-able available via MIDI.

For anyone using the E2Basic or E2Deluxe models, please make sure you are running the FINAL and complete firmware that is factory installed on ALL E2FilterPRO and E2UltraPRO units.

E2FilterPRO and E2UltraPRO units DO NOT EVER NEED TO BE FIRMWARE UPDATED.

When updating an E2Basic or E2Deluxe you will want to use the original version of the app to do the update.

The original app is here:

http://www.pigtronix.com/E2application/Legacy E2 App (Version 1)/

Download it, run the "AUTOMATIC UPDATE" feature. The pedal will automatically firmware update itself and the pedal will restart.

Once this is done, grab the updated app (MAC / WINDOWS / LINUX) here:

www.pigtronix.com/E2application

All of your custom presets still remain plus you have a massively powerful pitch shifter, way more app control and other goodies as detailed on the E2 blog and demoed at www.pigtronix.com/echolution

In order to install of the new factory defaults and refinements found in the E2FilterPRO and E2UltarPRO models, simply power up the pedal while holding down both footswitches. This will factory reset to the presets as found on the E2FilterPRO and E2UltarPRO models, and is highly recommended.

Creating a delay / modulation / filter / pitch shitfer pedal with this depth and firepower took an enormous commitment of time and financial resources. I remain committed to supporting it for years to come. There are lots of wonderful delay pedals on the market, but the E2 stands out for providing an unmatched set of options that can be run in PARALLEL, facilitating a uniquely powerful canvas for sound design. There is also a huge amount of analog signal processing going on in there to massage the sound and provide nearly double line-level headroom.

Echolution 2 Ultra PRO is my favorite effects pedal we have ever made... by far.
quoted to save this info :)

bigEbeer

Hey guys. After playing for a while with this pedal, I begin noticing some weird things. I don't know if it has to be like this..but I always hear repeats of my tap tempo (repeats of a click). Also with engage switch. And yeah, every click on a button in mod/filter section gets repeated and can be heard. If I, for example, accidentally step on a pedal while turning it on (if my shoe touches the chasing of this pedal), it also gets heard and eventually repeated. What's wrong?
Sounds like a cable issue to me. Try different patch cables if you can

shikawkee

The One True King
Hey guys. It's finally here! Can't wait to try it with an expression pedal. But even without it, this thing is capable of anything. Very promising and deep sounds, even the factory presets are interesting.
My question is, what is the last firmware update for the pedal? I've manually updated it (it didn't work automatically), and now it is written
COM3 v.107? Is that the last one? Do you recommend me to do anything else firmware update vise? :)

SO far, so good, and thank you for help. You made me even consider this pedal :D
I'm pretty sure that's it.

ryuk

I have the E2D as well and this is not a normal issue. Hopefully the patch cable is the culprit!

I also use the Boss EV-5 expression pedal with no issues. I gig/jam semi-regularly, have it velcro'd onto my pedalboard that I lug around in a gig bag, and it's still working perfectly after a couple of years (I do try to not bang my stuff around).

Buddy67

Thinking about getting the Ultra Pro, have a couple questions before I pull the trigger:
When the looper is engaged, does the regular delay function still work (as in, can you create a loop using repeated signal)? From the demos I've seen, doesn't look this way.
In regular mode with a longer delay (700-1000ms), can you get almost infinite repeats before it goes into runaway oscillation?
Thanks!

yawiney

The Source Audio Reflex works flawlessly with every pedal. It should be the last expression pedal you ever need to buy. I love mine. It is capable of so much more than your traditional expression pedal. It can control 3 analog pedals (of multiple resistances), 3 Midi pedals, all with either treadle or LFO (with multiple wave forms), and did I mention presets. Killer piece of gear.
The Reflex works flawlessly with all my pedals except the TWA Little Dipper. For some reason after trying the different resistances with the Little Dipper i still can't get it to work like the EV5 does with that pedal.

heivanushi

Hi guys. Again me! I am so satisfied with this pedal. It's a force. I wonder if there is a place where users of this pedal can share their patches and try one made by others? That would be great..
I hope you are still enjoying your Echolution. Cheers!

SixStringAxis

I am looking for a firmware version too. I need the newest firmware, the one that brings it to ultra specs. Currently I'm at the update just before the newest.

I managed to find a computer with Windows 7 that could run the software. When I clicked update it would not work and seems to need a file loaded. Which there doesn't seem to be a file on the website to download.