Pigtronix Echolution 2 vs. E2D

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Crash-VR, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Crash-VR

Crash-VR Supporting Member

Its my understanding that all the onboard advanced editing of the Deluxe is possible with the 2 when connected to your computer and using the Echolution app from Pigtronix. Is this true? The only difference between the two is being able to edit presets from the pedal itself?

2. AuroraTide

AuroraTide Member

Just a heads up, I'm glad I got the deluxe. I like many others had issue with the usb port falling off.
    That being said it's the best delay pedal I've ever had! A year into ownership and I'm still finding new sounds

Crowyote likes this.
  3. TimeSnow

TimeSnow Member

The E2D has sounds you can't get with the E2, and likely always will. Contact Pigtronix to confirm, but I read on another forum that things like editing the EQ of the filters will never be available to E2 users, as they're only bonus sounds for E2D users.

4. Crash-VR

Crash-VR Supporting Member

5. TimeSnow

TimeSnow Member

Also, it's just a lot easier to make new sounds with the controls than the app... but the app does somethings the box can't - like precise BPM settings and backing up presets, etc.

The E2D is definitely the best of all worlds. If you think you'd be frustrated by slow app updates as well, then avoid the E2.

6. shack

shack Member

The app is updated and yes you can adjust the filters on the all the E2 pedals