Pigtronix Infinity - Can it do the EHX "Freeze" thing?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Meriphew, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Meriphew

Meriphew Member

I think it would be cool to have a pedal with memory banks where you could store a bunch of short samples to use as pads during a show? Can the Pigtronix Infinity do the real short (200ms?) sample thing like the EHX Freeze pedal?

2. ERGExplorer

ERGExplorer Member

Since the Infinity will accept any audio upload for looping, the question then becomes, how smooth are the loop points?

In other words, if you have a pad sample, regardless of length, is the point where the loop ends and then where it restarts without any perceptible gap?

And here's what the manual addendum says:

I don't know how it works in actual practice, but they do claim it will work.

As you're asking specifically about stored samples, and since the Infinity is also claimed to work with any audio, you should be able to get it to work. Additionally, you could do editing on whatever you wanted to use as a drone/pad loop, or choose a particular section of your audio (say, an interesting part of your Electric Mistress slowly crawling through Filter Matrix mode to add sparkly bits to the pad).

Again, I can't assure you that any such loop will be seamless. Still, that's an interesting application idea.

3. Meriphew

Meriphew Member

Hey thx a lot! That info is very helpful!