Pigtronix Infinity or Echoplex Digital Pro or?

Black_Label

Silver Supporting Member
I'm looking for a looper that will sync to midi and quantize so that I can loop synth parts with my drum machine and another synth. Should I get an Infinity or and EDP or something else? Is there something smaller and newer? I really don't need any other features other than midi and quantize. Also, smaller is better.

slave

Nothing smaller than the Infinity I can think of with quantize and midi.
I'm interested tho....

tangleweird

ive had so many issues with my infinity looper and i gave up trying to figure out how to sync it to my daw. it totally crapped out once, had to send it in for repair. still have issues with loop volumes randomly dropping out, and random clicks and pops in my loops. ymmw, but its been a frustrating pedal to own and id feel bad selling it to anyone as a working pedal.

I love the infinity, but I have very simple needs and have never attempted to quantize it with anything so can't really comment there. It is the only looper I've ever bonded with.

Concerns me as I just recently acquired an Infinity - so far so good but what type of rig were you running through it Tangleweird?

ive had so many issues with my infinity looper and i gave up trying to figure out how to sync it to my daw. it totally crapped out once, had to send it in for repair. still have issues with loop volumes randomly dropping out, and random clicks and pops in my loops. ymmw, but its been a frustrating pedal to own and id feel bad selling it to anyone as a working pedal.

After thinking about this that almost sounds like a problem with the memory card itself rather than the looping hardware. SD cards are cranked out by the kajillions and I had one in a digital camera go "inexplicably bad" with read/write errors where it always would require a windows OS repair of the volume every time it was put in a computer and it eventually just died. Luckily, those things are reasonably inexpensive.

Could be hardware, but might not be the looping hardware but the memory card - it would be a relatively inexpensive way to check if it's the memory or not.

As far as the OP - Echoplex Digital Pro is out of production and though a very cool and advanced device you need two for stereo and the footswitch for maximum productivity out of it. $$$$.

I'm going to be testing my Infinity with my old drum machine to see how well it works to accept sync.

I also have a Boss RC-300 and there's a guy over at vguitarforums who figured out a way to get it to accept sync but in a way that it was a workaround - it was designed mostly to produce sync not accept it so that would likely not be the looper for you if you have a lot of external devices sending timing info.

Last edited:

Leetut

Sent a dittoX4 back that wouldn't sync, infinity works perfect for me, syncs to logic or a Volca sample with midi out mod

tangleweird

After thinking about this that almost sounds like a problem with the memory card itself rather than the looping hardware. SD cards are cranked out by the kajillions and I had one in a digital camera go "inexplicably bad" with read/write errors where it always would require a windows OS repair of the volume every time it was put in a computer and it eventually just died. Luckily, those things are reasonably inexpensive.

Could be hardware, but might not be the looping hardware but the memory card - it would be a relatively inexpensive way to check if it's the memory or not.

never thought of that. definitely gonna give that a shot. it seems like a well-made pedal, and i will say that pigtronix did at least get the pedal alive for me again, although i've still had weird quirks with it even after they repaired it. maybe i need to update the firm-ware, too. tried to do that once but wasn't able to figure it out.

sorry to jack yr thread op!

Tobacowes

Hi, I just became a member a few minutes ago. I am begging for information and help with the infinity looper. I have had mine for for two plus years and still don't fully understand how to operate it! I think it could be a fantastic tool if I ever figure it out....

dshobe

Rocky Mountain Way By The Atlantic
Gold Supporting Member
@Tobacowes, do you have the manual? If not definitely go and download it. It's fairly straightforward after you read the manual a couple times.

JD_A

I have an Infinity Looper on the way and thinking about the optional 2-button remote switch. Is the matching one that Pigtronix makes the best way to go or is there any other options out there? Maybe smaller in size?

Thanks

Squatch57

I've seen generic versions of the Infinity switch. Companies like Loopi Pedals do them in Oz, other countries have different brands
I bought the original myself (only 'cos it was free postage from the US)
Worth getting the original for cosmetics or resale maybe, but not essential
Also, I wouldn't want it much smaller...it's pretty tiny

The Infinity unit has the good quality silent switches, so you'd want a copy to at least have equivalents

Last edited:

JD_A

Worth getting the original for cosmetics or resale maybe, but not essential
Also, I wouldn't want it much smaller...it's pretty tiny

The Infinity unit has the good quality silent switches, so you'd want a copy to at least have equivalents

Thanks for the info and makes sense.

I'll go with the Pigtronix switch, if I decide I need one.

Black_Label

Silver Supporting Member
OP chiming back in.

I'd be using it for a very specific purpose with my synth rig. It would really just be used in mono with my Minimoog. I have a TR-8 that I use as a master clock that I would sync the looper to, along with an OB-6 and a Sub37.

Is there anything that accepts clock and quantizes other than the Infinity and Echoplex Digital Pro?

champion ruby

OP chiming back in.

I'd be using it for a very specific purpose with my synth rig. It would really just be used in mono with my Minimoog. I have a TR-8 that I use as a master clock that I would sync the looper to, along with an OB-6 and a Sub37.

Is there anything that accepts clock and quantizes other than the Infinity and Echoplex Digital Pro?

Boss rc 505.

delay dude

The infinity works great in my midi setup (synced to Logic/Eventide H9/ Line6 M5/Boss Dr.660/Moog MP-201/Volca synth). The only downside is, that it changes the pitch if I change the tempo. I will try the ditto X4 next week. Maybe the boomerang is another option?

Trending Topics

Top Bottom