Pigtronix mothership analog synth

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by peridot1, Sep 18, 2008.

1. peridot1

peridot1 Member

Eventually pigtronix will release this. Sorry the pic is a little blured...

[​IMG]

I have the attack/sustain. Very nice. Thoughts? Pedal too ugly? Just curious.

2. gtrfinder

gtrfinder Supporting Member

Pigtronix stuff seems to get overlooked. Perhaps it is their marketing and actual pedal design (not so much the concept, but the "look" of the pedals), that keeps them from gaining more notoriety.
    To me they are kind of like a modern day equivalent to the old Electro Harmonix designs. All these big, funky looking boxes that make all sorts of noises.
    I had an EP-1 for awhile and really liked it, but I couldn't give up that much real estate for something that wasn't my DL-4. It sounded very nice, regardless of the size.
    This looks interesting. I dont have a use for a synth at the moment, but maybe it will provide an alternative to some of the current EHX and Moog offerings.

3. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

Part of the problem is vaporware. This has been "just around the corner" since NAMM in January and it's still not shipping. There's not even a clear description of the capabilities anywhere (for instance, the ring mod tracks input pitch, but does the VCO? And if you're tracking input pitch can you decouple for a regular ring mod mode? And what's the Whammy input do? Is that a power supply plugged into the left or another CV pedal?). Also, at $599 from the regular music sites, it's not going to get a lot of takers when used Mooger Fooger pedals and Microsynths can be had for $200 or so...

4. NewarkWilder

NewarkWilder Member

i really like the way they seem to want to do new and interesting stuff with their pedals but they seem to have thrown any caution about pedalboard real-estate to the wind

5. Bryan T

Bryan T Guitar Owner Silver Supporting Member

I'm definitely curious about it. I do worry that it is vaporware, though I did see one of the prototypes sell on eBay recently.

Bryan

6. scottl

scottl Member

Supposedly Dave Koltai is sending me a sample real soon. The one I played recently was killer. Premier Guitar recorded me jamming on it. I had never in my life played one but I was immediately comfortable, although a little unsure what to do to demo it as I was being surprised in real time by its sounds!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwh3BxuRoK4

7. peridot1

peridot1 Member

$599??

Jeezzes... I didn't know that.